ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Winchester WSL powder
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:17 pm 
Field Grade

I picked up 3 tubs of WSL powder today from a gun shop that has obviously had it in for a while.....
Looking for data and found the Winchester 15th edition online which I have printed off but am struggling for data with straight wall tubes.
There is plenty of data for Winchester CF and Remington STS but living in poor old Blighty, my supplies of American cases are extremely limited and can't find any vendors who will send to the UK.
Anyone have any data?
Regards
Graham

Post subject: Re: Winchester WSL powder
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:03 pm 
Crown Grade

I'll look later-WinchesterSuperLite was designed for lite target loads of one ounce or less.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:16 am 
Field Grade

hoashooter wrote:
I'll look later-WinchesterSuperLite was designed for lite target loads of one ounce or less.

Cheers.
The data I have for the compression formed cases is mostly 28g and 32g.
With the cost of lead as it is then I would much prefer to load 24g and 28g.....

Thanks for you help
Regards
Graham

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:49 am 

grahamshewell wrote:
hoashooter wrote:

Cheers.
The data I have for the compression formed cases is mostly 28g and 32g.
With the cost of lead as it is then I would much prefer to load 24g and 28g.....

Thanks for you help
Regards
Graham

Data for the 32gm is always safe for the 28gm and less, Data for the 28gm is always safe for the 24gm and less.

Let us endeavor so to live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
Mark Twain