ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Winchester AA Diamond Grade
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:55 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

There isn't a hull on the market that can't be reloaded. Sure some are nicer to reload than others.

For clay targets, so far I have reloaded, Winchester AA, all Remington unibody hulls, Federal Gold Medal, Federal Grand, Federal Top Gun (paper basewad), Federal Top Gun (plastic basewad), B & P, Clever, Cheddites (under any name that uses them), RIO's (low metal and high metal), Fiocchi, Eley and probably a few others.

I don't see how these Winchester hulls are going to be any different.

Hull, primer, powder, wad, shot......I think we can figure it out.

aka Mr. Tactful.
NSCA#544066

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:30 pm 
Limited Edition

Ain't that the Truth Mark ! Those that look similar like the Rio Elite's and Gamebore's
are nothing more than "eye candy" to shooters ! For Longevity and performance , we already
have the Top Three , why change ?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:20 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Ravenanme,

I shoot an autoloader so I really don't care how long the hull lasts in 12 gauge. One and done most of the time. I have a pretty good supply of Top Gun hulls w/paper basewad. They load nicely.

I really like RIO's but, I can get Top Gun hulls a lot easier.

Remington, Winchester and Federal Grand don't show up much around here.

aka Mr. Tactful.
NSCA#544066

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:12 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

If I observe clean once fired hulls I am not used to seeing I take a handful or two home to see if I can load them.... not forever but "just for now". As Mark stated the premium hulls just do not seem to make their way to the containers.. Winchester white box Super Target (?) are really, really common. Even when new they do not function well in all guns but at least when reloaded once seem to work flawlessly, Clevers, Herters, Champions, Wolf, so on and so forth all load just great (at least once) using Federal wads and load data... An all time favorite of mine was the White Box Estate (made in France) but they are long gone.... Figure out the stack height, make sure the primer fits and go for it. Only hull I gave up on was an extremely high base Remington hull..... base and hull would stick in the collet...... Larry

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:05 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

dogchaser37 wrote:
There isn't a hull on the market that can't be reloaded. Sure some are nicer to reload than others.

For clay targets, so far I have reloaded, Winchester AA, all Remington unibody hulls, Federal Gold Medal, Federal Grand, Federal Top Gun (paper basewad), Federal Top Gun (plastic basewad), B & P, Clever, Cheddites (under any name that uses them), RIO's (low metal and high metal), Fiocchi, Eley and probably a few others.

I don't see how these Winchester hulls are going to be any different.

Hull, primer, powder, wad, shot......I think we can figure it out.

True ^^^