ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hornady 366
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:22 pm 
Crown Grade

Will Hornady still rebuild 366s ? And if so, has anyone had it done? And approximately what is the cost?

Post subject: Re: Hornady 366
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:42 pm 
Crown Grade

I'd call them and ask. Always had good luck with them (have a lnl ammo plant, not a 366)

3625 West Old Potash Hwy
Grand Island, NE 68803 USA
Phone: 1-800-338-3220
Phone: 1-308-382-1390
Fax: 1-308-382-5761

Business Hours
Monday - Thursday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Central
Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM Central

One of Many

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:41 pm 
Field Grade

Yes, they still rebuild presses. The cost will depend on what your particular press needs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:21 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I've sent mine in twice. I sent mine in during this last winter so I would have it back in time for shooting season. It did not take them long once they got to it. They will only charge you for the parts and shipping back. As stated above, the cost will depend on what parts yours needs. I took the powder/shot reservoirs off to simplify shipping.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:28 am 
Crown Grade

{hs# thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:22 am 
Field Grade

Nice. Let us know what the lead time was!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:38 pm 
Tournament Grade

Turkinator wrote:
Will Hornady still rebuild 366s ? And if so, has anyone had it done? And approximately what is the cost?

Hey Turk and others,

Curious about your 366 needing factory attention.

A friend has two of them, the early Pacific 366 and the more recent Pacific/Hornady 366. They look pretty husky and wonder what yours needs that it might have to go back.

I may end up with one of them. He doesn't shoot/reload anymore and if the price is right, I might be the owner of one of them.

Thank you.

Jolly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:46 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The main reason I sent mine in was because there was a slight bit of friction on the up-stroke that I, for the life of my, could not figure out what the cause was. Turns out one of the tabs on the shell plate was bent downwards a hair and was dragging on the platen whenever that tab moved from the last station to the first station. There is a ridge there that cause the finished shell to move towards the drop hole and that was where the tab was dragging. It was nothing major but I learned the main way shell plates get bent is by having the primer drop tube set to low. When I got it back, I counted the number of threads above the primer drop tube's lock nut and made a note of the number.

Of course, the Hornady staff did the usual stuff like replace the measure casting seals and return all the dies to factory settings.

But, you are right, they are husky and hard to tear up.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:59 pm 
Tournament Grade

Nebs wrote:
The main reason I sent mine in was because there was a slight bit of friction on the up-stroke that I, for the life of my, could not figure out what the cause was. Turns out one of the tabs on the shell plate was bent downwards a hair and was dragging on the platen whenever that tab moved from the last station to the first station. There is a ridge there that cause the finished shell to move towards the drop hole and that was where the tab was dragging. It was nothing major but I learned the main way shell plates get bent is by having the primer drop tube set to low. When I got it back, I counted the number of threads above the primer drop tube's lock nut and made a note of the number.

Of course, the Hornady staff did the usual stuff like replace the measure casting seals and return all the dies to factory settings.

But, you are right, they are husky and hard to tear up.

Nebs,

Thanks for your Reply.

The guy that has the two of them praises how well and smooth they work.

But with just about any loader, especially progressives, it's best to pay close attention to what you're doing.

Thanks again.

Jolly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:34 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

My advice would be to go for the Pacific/Hornady, later model. It will have more of the advanced features. And, we're here to help you if any you need.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:37 am 
Field Grade

Jolly,

I hope the price is right and you are able to get a press from your friend. They are solid presses and easy to use.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:21 am 
Tournament Grade

Jet Setter wrote:
Jolly,

I hope the price is right and you are able to get a press from your friend. They are solid presses and easy to use.

Nebs wrote:
My advice would be to go for the Pacific/Hornady, later model. It will have more of the advanced features. And, we're here to help you if any you need.

I'm second in line (I think). His grandson, rightfully so, has first choice and would likely pick the newer model.

If the older one is offered at a fair price, I will pursue it but based on his prices for some of his guns and other stuff, it would be more than I would like to pay.

If that's the case, I'll stick with my tried and true MEC 8567 Grabber.

Thank you gents and have a great day and be safe.

Jolly