ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: P/W 800 Priming station off? +couple more questions?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:49 pm 
Field Grade

Hello all. I am starting to understand why some people at the range told me I was in for a bit of a ride with an older P/W unless I was mechanically inclined.

I have everything running smooth now except my priming station punch, How do I adjust only that station to the right just about 1 MM, I have a feeling the priming rod may have the slightest bend on it. It does seem to be the plastic one mentioned by Dano523 So I Also think I may have to replace it, But it is much straighter then the one in the picture from that post I think.

Also I have the 2 piece locking hex screws. I was reading another post here about a P/W800 where it was recommended he replace all the 2 piece with the newer single longer one piece for a issue with them slipping, or getting loose. Should I just replace ALL of mine with that new style if I understood the message right?

Also It is a Lot older then I thought (serial number checked with P/W on call). But it is sposed to be prior to the plastic. So I havelooking closer and cleaning the simple to reach parts and noticed a few cracks under the on, off, drain valves. If you take the top off and also take the rotary place under the bushing off, there is a small crack that is highlighted by all the old powder that darkened it on the powder side. And the thin rail on the left side of the powder/shot gear bar was separated allowing the gear to skip if it got even a bit of pressure. Already fixed this last one with a dab of jb weld.

So I was planning to take it entirety apart in a few days. Clean, make a parts list for replace soonish, buffing/resurfacing/fixing my self parts, and Broken buy new or equivalent parts.

That said, When I lube it What is a good grease and oil? I don't have the official cleaning kit, but I do have hoppe #9 white and black grease, Otis dry lube, And CLP. If none of those are good for a press, What can I get at a gun shop or hardware store that is best suited for this?

Also any good video references for taking it apart just so I can see it done and be prepared for any spring loaded parts or just things I should know to watch for when doing this?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: P/W 800 Priming station off? +couple more questions?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:23 pm 
Crown Grade

Click on my name, and send me a PM with your real name and phone number so I can give you a call. This will save me from having to write a novel on your first gen CVT/what needs to be replaced, and what you can still use.

Post subject: Re: P/W 800 Priming station off? +couple more questions?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:49 pm 
Utility Grade

Hi Dano,

I think I’ve read every PW800B post you’ve written...

I wanted to take a moment to say, I can’t thank you enough. I was given a 800B that was in good but well used shape. With your guidance and some replacement parts, (Removable and crimp dies) and I’ve made my first shells!!!

Thank You,

Pinkerton OUT!