ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Herter's wad free to good home
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:10 am 
Limited Edition

Posted this in "Other Classified" previously with no response but thought I'd try it here before tossing these out.
I have about 1000 old Herter’s wads, I used these for loading 1 7/8oz of lead shot in 12 ga 3” Winchester plastic hulls for ducks and geese before steel shot was required. The wads have two slits, both are closed at the top, overall length is approximately 1-27/32”. They are still flexible with no sign of brittleness, I no longer have any use for them. My load data indicates I loaded these over 37.5 gr of Blue Dot using Win 209 primer, but original source is not noted so use that with caution. I have no idea if they can be adapted for use with steel shot. They are free to a good home if you pay shipping; weight about 6lbs, PM if interested.

These have been claimed and shipped, no longer available.