ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Powder drops varying
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:11 pm 
Limited Edition

bladesmith wrote:
I have a well used 9000H with tall bottles for powder and shot and the bracket for them. When the 200 primer tray needs refilling the bottles also get refilled, but the powder bottle is never near empty. There's still plenty of powder in the bottle pushing down. I don't empty anything when I'm done for the day - just leave the bottles part filled and resume whenever. If someone could show me a good reason to empty the bottles I might consider it.

I've heard of oxidation due to contact with air but if the charge bar is closed I couldn't imagine that issue for quite a long time frame.
Is powder even hydroscopic?

tp (whose powder doesn't last that long in the first place)

12/26" ATI Cavalry (hey, it shoots...usually)

Post subject: Re: Powder drops varying
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:54 am 
Crown Grade

T-Pee wrote:
bladesmith wrote:
I have a well used 9000H with tall bottles for powder and shot and the bracket for them. When the 200 primer tray needs refilling the bottles also get refilled, but the powder bottle is never near empty. There's still plenty of powder in the bottle pushing down. I don't empty anything when I'm done for the day - just leave the bottles part filled and resume whenever. If someone could show me a good reason to empty the bottles I might consider it.

I've heard of oxidation due to contact with air but if the charge bar is closed I couldn't imagine that issue for quite a long time frame.
Is powder even hydroscopic?

tp (whose powder doesn't last that long in the first place)

Not nearly as much as some people want to claim it is.