ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ++ MEC Customer Service
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:05 am 
Diamond Grade

MEC's customer service is outstanding!

Yesterday I had a new problem with my 14 year-old MEC 8567-GRABBER reloader. I called MEC. Their telephone customer service technician lead me through a solution/adjustment in 5 minutes. I doubt that I would figured this out on my own. GREAT KUDO's !

In the past 14 years I have probably reloaded 60,000+ reloads with this 12 gauge press. Twice before I needed small parts. Once before, I took the press to the MEC Repair Station at the Grand American Trap Shoot in Sparta, Ill. for a tune-up.

I,m very impressed with this company's service....

Post subject: Re: ++ MEC Customer Service
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:26 am 
Crown Grade

Yeah. Mec do the job.
I did my first test loads on a jr. A fine machine.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:15 pm 
Diamond Grade

They are very good, they should be.

You could have posted here and it would have been fixed too. Then a lot of people would have learned how to fix that issue.

Steve

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:57 pm 
Diamond Grade

I'm a retired banker with two left hands, and usually not capable of repairing much. My wife will verify that.

Anyhow, the MEC "Grabber" problem I had was that the charging bar was sticking (to the left). It turns out the vertical station two tube had slipped out of adjustment. It is supposed to protrude upward 1/2" and was now 7/8ths inch. I had to loosen the clamp and reset.

Problem was exacerbated by my using Nobel primers in once-fired Winchester AA cases. It seems Nobel's are slightly oversize; and seating them can cause extra strain/pressure. Probably better to use Winchester primers in once-fired AA hulls.

MEC has a series of instructional videos on their internet site, and #14 addresses this adjustment.

Anyhow, HOORAY for MEC !
Jerry Goldstein
St. Louis, MO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:50 pm 
Field Grade

Jerry,

Way to go! Glad to hear you were able to fix your Mec Grabber. I've had nothing but positive experiences with MEC's customer service.
I'm wired exactly opposite from you. I can fix most anything but give me a spreadsheet or figures and you can hear my brain sizzle a bit.

Peace be with you,

Doug

NRA Life Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:40 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I will give Steve a recommendation .I sent my 9000 to him a while back and it works better than when I got it new. His prices were very fair and turn around was good..I had a bad experience with Mec years back when I sent a hydraulic Hustler to Mec for a estimate on repairs. They did not notify me on the cost and went ahead with the repairs. When they told me the cost I told them just keep it, it was not worth it. I did buy a new 9000 and had good advice from them on a few thing over the years.
Having been in a retail business for many years I do like their policy of charging more for parts than you can get from their retailers.