ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: UK skeet shooter wants 20,28,410 hulls AA/STS
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:16 am 
Field Grade

Good morning All
wondering if any of you guys have any hulls for sale I'm based in the UK
i have bought plenty of Hulls from the SGW forum before but looking for some more
if you have any for sale please PM me
many thanks
Brett

Last edited by brett23 on Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: wanted 20,28,410 hulls AA/STS
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:13 am 
Diamond Grade

Would like know where you live. I have a lot of 410 stuff (HS hills and MEC 600 ). If you are interested I live in eastern Ohio near Youngstown. A face to face sale is preferred. I have not taken an inventory but will if you have further interest. I have given up shooting so much as I am 80 years old is the reason for selling.

Post subject: Re: UK skeet shooter wants 20,28,410 hulls AA/STS
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:40 am 
Diamond Grade

Sorry I overlooked the fact you are in the UK . I would like to help out but hard to do at this distance.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:41 am 
Field Grade

very sorry I've re posted saying I'm in the UK
if anyone is will to ship to the UK as before in lots of 250/500 i need all 3 gauges
thanks
Brett

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:03 pm 
Diamond Grade

I have more than 500 but from a time I was actively shooting skeet. 8 or more reloads and the crimps are all tattered. Cost more to ship than they are worth. Have a few once fired but less than 100. Good luck on your quest. When I was active shooting I would purchase by the case ( box of 10 by 25) to restock. Is it possible in the UK to do that or is it cost prohibitive.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:40 pm 
Field Grade

strut64 wrote:
I have more than 500 but from a time I was actively shooting skeet. 8 or more reloads and the crimps are all tattered. Cost more to ship than they are worth. Have a few once fired but less than 100. Good luck on your quest. When I was active shooting I would purchase by the case ( box of 10 by 25) to restock. Is it possible in the UK to do that or is it cost prohibitive.

Hi
We can’t purchase American shells in the U.K. no one sells them
hence I will take what I can get in the used hulls
It’s a shame as NSSA skeet in the U.K. has a small strong following but the main
Problem is the reloading
Euro hulls stick in the tubes as they are not brass and don’t reload well
Thanks for the reply
Cheers
Brett

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:02 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Shipping ammunition components (of which hulls are) abroad is a huge legal minefield, esp with the current administration most likely looking to throw the book at someone.

You are dealing with ITAR, Dept of State, Dept of Commerce, and likely a dozen other alphabet agencies. Do things wrong and you could lose everything you own and face significant jail time.

Long story short, shipping hulls outside of the US is not something people on here want to attempt.

http://www.sminglershotgunsports.com

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:44 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Ballistic Products catalog arrived today. They show once fired hulls for sale. I don't know if they ship to the U.K.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:13 am 
Field Grade

Skeet_Man wrote:
Shipping ammunition components (of which hulls are) abroad is a huge legal minefield, esp with the current administration most likely looking to throw the book at someone.

You are dealing with ITAR, Dept of State, Dept of Commerce, and likely a dozen other alphabet agencies. Do things wrong and you could lose everything you own and face significant jail time.

Long story short, shipping hulls outside of the US is not something people on here want to attempt.

Good morning
I’ve had thousands from you guys
I’ve asked the questions over here with import duty and firearms
People no problem it’s a spent cartridge a plastic tube
But thanks for your input

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:44 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

brett23 wrote:
Skeet_Man wrote:

Good morning

UK may have no problem with it (which I'm dubious of since you need a license to purchase ammunition WITHIN the UK), but the US may, as may the carriers used. People have received extensive prison sentences in the US for illegally exporting items they thought would be perfectly fine (seemingly innocuous items such as rifle scopes have triggered this).

Many people are completely ignorant of the laws involved in stuff like this. If the seller is completely aware of and complies with all the appropriate laws, more power to them, but chances are that if the have that knowledge they are making enough $ at their day job they don't need to deal with hulls.

Try places like Precision Reloading or Ballistic Products, they may have the legal wherewithal to get you what you need, if they can't there likely isn't a legal or economical way to do it.

http://www.sminglershotgunsports.com

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:06 am 
Field Grade

Skeet_Man wrote:
brett23 wrote:
Skeet_Man wrote:

Good morning

UK may have no problem with it (which I'm dubious of since you need a license to purchase ammunition WITHIN the UK), but the US may, as may the carriers used. People have received extensive prison sentences in the US for illegally exporting items they thought would be perfectly fine (seemingly innocuous items such as rifle scopes have triggered this).

Many people are completely ignorant of the laws involved in stuff like this. If the seller is completely aware of and complies with all the appropriate laws, more power to them, but chances are that if the have that knowledge they are making enough $ at their day job they don't need to deal with hulls.

Try places like Precision Reloading or Ballistic Products, they may have the legal wherewithal to get you what you need, if they can't there likely isn't a legal or economical way to do it.

good morning
i understand where your coming from
but it not ammunition that's being shipped its a spent hull dead used its like going to a gun club and taking all the empty's out of the bin no crime your not shipping ammunition its spent plastic hull
i know the worlds gone Mad at the moment but there is no crime being committed
i just want to reload the American hulls and shoot some NSSA skeet
thanks
Brett

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:10 am 
Tournament Grade

I suggest you contact Mike Schmidt from Georgia. He’s a world class skeet shooter. He sells hulls.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:37 am 
Field Grade

Bamaskeetshooter wrote:
I suggest you contact Mike Schmidt from Georgia. He’s a world class skeet shooter. He sells hulls.

Thank you!
i totally for about Mike I've had some off him before
thanks again
Brett

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:35 pm 
Diamond Grade

Post Office has flat rate shipping. Probably be a little more to ship abroad, but in USA, $21.90 anyplace large box. I'm pretty sure can ship out, just have to check...

Not cheap, I just checked to UK
Small flat rate $70.00
Large flat rate $108.00

Regular package shipping probably be more..

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:14 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

It might be easier for you to take a visit here, buy your shells and enjoy shooting them at one of our many venues and then just take them back.

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:15 pm 
Field Grade

Massive thanks to a shooter on this forum
For sending me some 20g hulls
Door to door no problem as I said just slightly slower shipping
Due to the pandemic
Anyone willing to ship some 28g and 410 at no risk to yourselves
Please pm me
Thanks again
Brett

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:36 am 
Limited Edition

Skeet_Man wrote:
brett23 wrote:
Skeet_Man wrote:

Good morning

BS... name ONE.... just ONE.....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:15 am 
Field Grade

Bailey Boat wrote:
Skeet_Man wrote:
brett23 wrote:
Skeet_Man wrote:

Good morning

BS... name ONE.... just ONE.....

is this meant for me ?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:38 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Don’t think so

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:54 am 
Diamond Grade

I shipped the hulls to Brett. Took 20 days. Around 8 days in Chicago, 10 days in UK. Just customs going through.
No more than Krieghoff sending and receiving from Germany. I had a receiver that had to be sent. Customs took longer than the work done..