ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: RCBS 12 & 20 ga loaders. I just wanna give RCBS kudo's
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:25 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I have had these loaders setting side by side for over 15 years. And every four or five years i have needed some parts replaced.

They have never charged me once for replacement parts nor shipping.

Know Guns --- Know Peace --- Know Safety
No Guns --- No Peace --- No Safety

Post subject: Re: RCBS 12 & 20 ga loaders. I just wanna give RCBS kudo's
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:28 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Yes, and I’ve never figured out why more folks haven’t discovered what excellent machines that they are along with the customer service that beats everyone else hands down.

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:29 pm 
Crown Grade

And that holds true for all of their reloaders; I have asked for parts for my almost 40 year old Jr metallic press and dies. Great service

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:57 pm 
Diamond Grade

fungunner wrote:
I have had these loaders setting side by side for over 15 years. And every four or five years i have needed some parts replaced.

MEC sure doesn't conduct business this way! I have found RCBS to bend over backwards to help in any way. I have never paid for any parts from them.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:21 pm 
Crown Grade

fungunner wrote:

la angler wrote:
MEC sure doesn't conduct business this way!.

Well IMHO here's the rest of the story. A quick price check at, https://www.precisionreloading.com/

RCBS Grand $908.00
MEC 9000 $672.00

Now, I have owned 4 9000's for at least 15 years and I have not spent $236.00 (908 - 672) on all 4 of them in repair parts. Pay me now or pay me later, nothing is free.

Steve

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:57 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Steve, nobody pays full retail for those machines. I certainly didn’t. In fact the price was about the same as the 9000. Both are good machines and I own both. I like both for different reasons

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:04 pm 
Crown Grade

casonet wrote:
In fact the price was about the same as the 9000.

About the same, but still more. Like I said you are paying for those "free" parts up front.

Steve

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:45 pm 
Crown Grade

When I bought my slightly used Grand I paid $600 AND I got the 20ga conversion as well. Much better machine, especially in the powder and shot container areas. Does half the operations on the downstroke and half on the upstroke making it smooth.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:47 am 
Field Grade

I wish I could find a good new or used RCBS 20 gauge loader loader. Seems like everyone is sold out.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:59 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Neither machine is perfect. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. It all depends on what your priorities are. Both will serve you well once set up properly. The need for replacement parts should not be an issue for either machine. It hasn’t been for me. New wad guides occasionally, that’s about it

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:29 pm 
Diamond Grade

My comments are based upon Rcbs customer service on rifle reloading products over the years. I have MEC shotshell reloaders in 12,20,28 & 410 and have not had many issues with them. I bought all of them used but just saying RCBS looks out for you.