ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Electronic Powder Dispenser/Scale For Shotgun Reloading
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:05 pm 
Crown Grade

Hi all, just curious to know if anyone uses one of these when you reload your shotshells.

If you do, are they accurate, reliable with the drops?

Thanks so much!

Greg

Post subject: Re: Electronic Powder Dispenser/Scale For Shotgun Reloading
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:11 pm 
Crown Grade

A scale or? Powder is dispensed from the powder hopper on the press and it is dropped by volume. Different volumes with different powders will give the desired results. You DO use a scale to make sure you have the proper bushing.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:29 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The electric dispensers are accurate to within .1 grain. I use one when loading non-toxic loads where the powder charges need to be weighed individually (shot charges, too).

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:46 pm 
Presentation Grade

Nothing better for Alliant Steel. Would use it for 800x if I ever find any of that on a shelf.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:42 pm 
Crown Grade

Unless dispensing A-STEEL with it, massive, MASSIVE waste of effort and money........

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:43 am 
Field Grade

I traditionally use a Hornady electronic scale/dispenser for rifle rounds. It is very acurate and I get very few over charges with a set of aftermarket nozzles. It is slower then using a digital scale with a scoop and trickler.

Lately I have been using it to load buckshot as well. Since I have to hand load the buckshot anyway, I do the same with the powder and just keep the charge bar tipped back on the press.

I use the charge bar on my MEC press for both birdshot and powder. It is very accurate.