ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MEC 9000 locking up after each cycle
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:17 am 
Limited Edition

Started reloading again today and my 9000g started locking the charge bar after each cycle like it does when you don't have a shell in the reprime station. What is causing this? I changed nothing from the last time I used it and it worked for the first few shells then quit. I don't see anything missing on it.

Post subject: Re: MEC 9000 locking up after each cycle
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:23 am 

gunner76 wrote:
Started reloading again today and my 9000g started locking the charge bar after each cycle like it does when you don't have a shell in the reprime station. What is causing this? I changed nothing from the last time I used it and it worked for the first few shells then quit. I don't see anything missing on it.

This is a guide for setting your Powder drop tube, so that you do not get spurious locking of the charge bar, OR failure to lock the bar with no hull present in the prime station

How do I fix my bar lock so that it locks and releases at the correct time, I am tired of spills or empty shells?<<<<LINK

Let us endeavor so to live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
Mark Twain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:50 am 
Limited Edition

Thanks curly. I had barely 1/8" gap with the handle down and a shell in the station. I set it so the 5/16" Allen wrench fit and it works great now.

I have been noticing that some of my primers weren't as flush as others. Always just figured it was due to tolerance differences but I bet my powder drop tube was slipping. Honestly, I don't think I've ever touched that since the machine was set up 24yrs ago. I didn't even set the machine up, a friend who knew about reloading set it up for me initially.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:25 pm 

Stuff happens and movement can occur, at least now you know what was wrong. Bet your primers seat better too!

Let us endeavor so to live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
Mark Twain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:56 pm 
Tournament Grade

Curly N wrote:
Stuff happens and movement can occur, at least now you know what was wrong. Bet your primers seat better too!

YOUR THE MAN CURLY!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:52 pm 
Crown Grade

Changing the hulls you were set up for can cause this. I had it happen when I started loading 20 ga StS on a press I had set up for AA. The powder cup is deeper, so the powder tube doesn’t hit it and get pressed up.