ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What happened to Eagle brand shot
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:36 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I have not seen it since March. Scheels and Cabelas always carried it, but no more.Does anyone know what happened?

Post subject: Re: What happened to Eagle brand shot
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:44 pm 
Crown Grade

Comes from Peru; maybe they're having issues related to Covid?

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:12 pm 
Presentation Grade

oneounceload wrote:
Comes from Peru; maybe they're having issues related to Covid?

Peru has worlds' worst per-capita covid death toll.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... ta-revised

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:19 pm 
Crown Grade

Story I get is the shot is being held up in container ships on the coast.Crazy Joe's cronies have deemed it"unessential" :evil: and therefore is not being unloaded and distributed :roll: :twisted: :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:24 pm 
Presentation Grade

hoashooter wrote:
Story I get is the shot is being held up in container ships on the coast.Crazy Joe's cronies have deemed it"unessential" :evil: and therefore is not being unloaded and distributed :roll: :twisted: :twisted:

I think there's some truth to this. Our source says it's on the water and should make port mid-June to late June. That said, the named port (East Coast) makes little sense, to me, for a shipment originating in Peru.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:08 pm 
Diamond Grade

Vette Jockey2 wrote:
hoashooter wrote:

I think there's some truth to this. Our source says it's on the water and should make port mid-June to late June. That said, the named port (East Coast) makes little sense, to me, for a shipment originating in Peru.

Just a guess because of the 300 or more container ships (mostly from China) sitting on our west coast unable to be offloaded. Maybe they think the east coast might be less crowded when things shake loose. :wink: :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:12 pm 
Presentation Grade

oldtechshooter wrote:
Vette Jockey2 wrote:
hoashooter wrote:

Just a guess because of the 300 or more container ships (mostly from China) sitting on our west coast unable to be offloaded. Maybe they think the east coast might be less crowded when things shake loose. :wink: :wink:

I think you may be Right but with our southern open border , those south Americans
could be packing it in on their backs ? No Tariffs along with free give away to all for
their labor ? Even our Sanctuary Cities will take care of your overhead , just for a Vote !

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:22 pm 
Presentation Grade

Container freight has been very difficult out of South America and will continue limping along for the foreseeable future. I have multiple containers tied up in trans-shipment at a port in Mexico. What is normally a 3-7 day trans-load is well over two months. That's not counting the four month delay out of the port in Chile.

Currently shipping lines are reducing capacity for new containers due to the ongoing congestion. Things are going to get tighter on the shipping end of things in the near future. Add in production delays and new upcoming cash flow issues for producers. We are in a bad spot and it's going to get worse.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:03 pm 
Presentation Grade

hoashooter wrote:

Maybe this is what is going on with Cheddite Primers. They come from France, that would make a little sense. Im sure the Cheddite Factory is making primers and shipping when they can.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:49 pm 
Presentation Grade

I just bought 4 bags on Friday. There are a lot of good stories - COVID counts in Peru, container/port blockages, trucker shortages. But basically it's just like everything else - supplies are tight. Sometimes it's there sometimes it's not.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:13 pm 
Presentation Grade

our club received about 3 tons of Eagle in April that had been on backorder since early December so some is getting through.

TSSA Life Member
NRA Life Member
Ducks Unlimited
Trout Unlimited

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:06 pm 
Presentation Grade

I hauled 2 tons of Mexican shot from our distributor to our club in mid-February. It had been expected before Thanksgiving. THAT shipment was held at trans-shipment port in Southern California until all paperwork for importing was completed. Not that the import was banned - just that few folks were available to process paper and haul the containers with shot around the port.

Even sadder - the distributor has no idea when the next shipment will come in.

good luck, garrisonjoe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:00 am 
Presentation Grade

hoashooter wrote:
Crazy Joe's cronies have deemed it"unessential"

Considering other items, e.g. perishable fresh fruit, coming into our ports, unessential may be the correct designation.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:47 am 
Diamond Grade

I’ve bought Eagle at Sportsmans Warehouse out here in Ca within last several months

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:23 pm 
Crown Grade

Fitasc2 wrote:
I’ve bought Eagle at Sportsmans Warehouse out here in Ca within last several months

I've seen something else at a few Sportsman's. I don't recall the branding. Was around $45/bag.

I do like that Sportsman's isn't trying to gouge.

https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=448601

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:04 am 
Presentation Grade

J.Fred_Muggs wrote:
hoashooter wrote:
Crazy Joe's cronies have deemed it"unessential"

Considering other items, e.g. perishable fresh fruit, coming into our ports, unessential may be the correct designation.

Fresh fruit has always had priority shipping. Those delays come on the front end at the original terminal as bananas and other produce move to the front of the line. The long delays in trans-load ports is new.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:06 am 
Presentation Grade

Quote:
I've seen something else at a few Sportsman's. I don't recall the branding.

Here (in NM) Sportsman's used to carry "Hot Shot," from Utah. Branded with Sportsmans own label usually, although I have also seen Hot Shot on the bag, too. Not real hard, but good quality.

Hope those fellers are still in business, but haven't seen any since start of lockdown.

good luck, garrisonjoe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:38 am 
Crown Grade

Vette Jockey2 wrote:

From Peru to Florida, through the Panama Canal, is shorter than to California.

....But more importantly....what else is on the ship. Its not just full of shot. Where does the other stuff need to be?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:49 am 
Diamond Grade

garrisonjoe wrote:
Quote:

Here (in NM) Sportsman's used to carry "Hot Shot," from Utah. Branded with Sportsmans own label usually, although I have also seen Hot Shot on the bag, too. Not real hard, but good quality.

Hope those fellers are still in business, but haven't seen any since start of lockdown.

good luck, garrisonjoe

They sell both out here in Ca the Sportsman’s magnum Hot Shot is $45 a bag and Eagle is $43. Stock is of course up and down.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:50 pm 
Crown Grade

Fitasc2 wrote:
garrisonjoe wrote:
Quote:

good luck, garrisonjoe

They sell both out here in Ca the Sportsman’s magnum Hot Shot is $45 a bag and Eagle is $43. Stock is of course up and down.

Is Hot Shot the place that was selling re-drop in tubs several years ago?

https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=448601