ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MEC Grabber
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:48 pm 
I am new to reloading and was given a MEC Grabber machine. Everthing seems to work ok but I dont really know where to set the wadding press. I am loading Winchester AAs, 1 1/8, #8, with the No.28 bushing for the powder, claybuster wads and tightwad powder from Hodgdon. Any information would be wonderful and appreciated. Thanks

Post subject: Re: MEC Grabber
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:59 pm 
Crown Grade

Set the wad pressure at somewhere between 20 and 50# with old AAs and maybe clear up to 80# with new AAs. Just enough that you get enough compression to get a good crimp. Plastic wads and plastic hulls aren't all that particular about wad pressures like the old card and wad loads were. Just make sure the wad is seated snugly with enough pressure to get a good crimp and you will be good to go!

BP