ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 28 gauge Fiocchi loads
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:28 am 
Tournament Grade

Does anyone have any good skeet and sporting clays loads using 28 gauge Fiocchi hulls? Where can I find information?

Post subject: Re: 28 gauge Fiocchi loads
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:41 pm 
Crown Grade

Get the current printing of the Hodgdon loading data booklet. I was looking at mine last night. They have loading data for Universal, Longshot and I believe HS-7. Any one of 3 different wads and a couple different primers. 3/4 oz. loads at 1150, 1200, and 1245 fps or therebouts. Even some 7/8 and 1 oz. loads if I remember correctly. That should do anything you need done with Skeet or Sporting Clays. Skeet will limit you to 3/4 oz loads, but in Sporting Clays you can use the heavier loads if you want to, though I don't know why you would want to. The Fiocchi hulls are a lot like the Cheddite as far as data is concerned, in fact, almost identical. I found I had better luck getting a good crimp using the Remington wad rather than the AA or PC. The Fiocchi hull is a bit larager in capacity than many other hulls and as such likes a bulkier powder or longer stiffer wad to make a good crimp, at least in MY loader. I found last night I had my best luck wen I used minimal pressure to seat the wad and kind of left that job to the crimping procedure. Grafs has some data there too, it is included in the booklet I have for REX powder, but it isn't REX powder data, Hodgdon data. I bet the Hodgdon website has data online. IF you can figure out the correct procedure to get to it?? I had quite a time with getting .410 data on the site a week or so back. It was there, just had to explore a bit to get to it!

BP

Post subject: Re: 28 gauge Fiocchi loads
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:42 pm 
Presentation Grade

BP Said it right the Remington PT28 works best for me.The cheddite hulls seem to hold up better for me in 20 gauge and in 28 it's all I load I favor the Longshot powder for the 28 gauge I use a 3/4 ounce 1300 fps for doves etc.The data is available at www.hogdon.com I advise you to get primed Cheddite 28 gauge hulls from Grafs they have proven to be the best bang for the buck so far. www.grafs.com