ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: black remington hulls
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:30 am 
Field Grade

Here recently a friend of mine and I bought some (20 flats) remington game loads to go shoot w/ we always pick up the hulls and save them because I have another friend who reloads. I just recently bought a MEC 9000G and have a couple thousand of these hulls lying around and wonder if any of you know any recipies for them so that I could use them even if they only last a couple of times I'm not worried I would just rather put them to use than throw them out. They are the black remington 12 GA. 7/8 oz. 1390 fps game load. I am anly looking for a light target load to fill them with if anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: black remington hulls
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:12 pm 
Tournament Grade

If your black Remington hulls are the one-piece (no fibre base wad) type, they load the same as the Remington STS hulls. Check almost any current shotshell loading data book (Hodgdon, Alliant, Lyman, etc), and you can find recipes that will meet your needs.
For a light target load, try recipes calling for one ounce of shot at around 1200 fps.