Shotgunworld.com
https://www.shotgunworld.com:443/bbs/

Using IMGUR site to post Photos
https://www.shotgunworld.com:443/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=131&t=460765
Page 1 of 6

Author:  Curly N [ Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Using IMGUR site to post Photos

Start your own account at http://imgur.com/
Upload your pictures to your account.

Go to the place on Shotgun World that you want to place a picture.
If you are already composing a message concerning the content of your photo, that would seem to be a good place to post your photo.

Open another window on your computer and go to your IMGUR account and sign in.
Click on that photo that you want in your message so that your photo is the only one on your screen.
If your pic does not look like the one below, click on your picture and it should be fine then.
Here is an example. you will notice that I have colored yellow the Description BBCODE that has a link below it.
Image

You will notice that there is a copy button next to that link. Click on the copy button. This will copy that entire link to the clipboard on your computer.
Move to your message that you are composing for SGW and Paste that link into the message. This you can do by right clicking your mouse and then select "Paste" from the pop-up menu
Or you can just use your keyboard CTRL-V and splat it at the curser. Do not add any other codes, HTML or otherwise. They are already there.
You can then hit the preview button at the bottom of the compose page and see that it did work. Repeat to add more pictures or hit the submit to send it on.

Having trouble or it isn't doing what you want?
Read this:

Are you trying to do this from a mobile device, if so that can be a problem
From a computer or a laptop, go to imgur.
Sign into your account
Then click on your user name
Click on images in the popdown menu
This should show all your photos, on multiple pages if you have a bunch.
Click on one of those images and it should go to a page with just that image on it.
On the right side of the page, you should see the same list of links that I have shown to you in the photo above.
Click on the copy button by that image's BBcode.
Paste that link as copied into your posting.
Click on our preview button at the bottom of the edit/compose page to see your work.
Repeat as needed to get them all in place.
Then finish by hitting the Submit button at the bottom.
That should get you rolling.
Most folks having trouble have missed the part that I underlined.

Like this:

Image

Here is part of their terms of usage.
If someone else might own the copyright to it, don't upload it. Don't upload gore, "hate speech" (i.e. demeaning race, gender, age, religious or sexual orientation, etc.), or material that is threatening, harassing, defamatory, or that encourages violence or crime. Don't upload illegal content such as child porn or non-consensual ("revenge") porn. Don't hotlink to adult content or to file-sharing, gambling, torrent, warez, or Imgur rip-off sites. Don't impersonate someone else. Also, don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network. If you do – and we will be the judge – or if you do anything illegal, in addition to any other legal rights we may have, we will ban you along with the site you're hotlinking from, delete all your images, report you to the authorities if necessary, and prevent you from viewing any images hosted on Imgur.com. We mean it.

So, Using IMGUR is likely to be a short-term thing and you should probably look elsewhere.
And Here is a method to use IMGUR with your MacBook Air.
Pine Creek/Dave wrote:
Curly,

Roger that, here are the exact step I used.

1. I used your Imgur account block to set up my Imgur account. Start from SGW thread you want to add the picture too.
2. When your account is set up, click on the mid Icon far upper right of the screen, the Icon will look like an old language symbol, 3rd Ident from the White D in the Green Circle.
3. A white box will drop down.
4. Click on Images in the White Box.
5. Click on Green box (Add Images)
6. Click on Browse box - your home computer pictures will appear.
7. Choose the picture by clicking on it & click choose at bottom right of screen.
8. Your picture will be added to the IMGUR account.
9. Click on your picture, the multi ident box will appear, click on BB Code to copy picture.
10 Use back arrow on your computer to go back to your Shotgun World thread.
11. Click on edit then add the picture using the left click.
12. Post picture in thread.

These are the exact steps I use on my MacBook Air, to add full pictures to the Shotgun World Forum. It took me a while to understand I had to click on the picture in the IMGUR account to get the Code box to appear, you must choose the picture by clicking on it for this to happen.

Author:  dubob [ Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Using IMGR site to post Photos

Curly-Nohair wrote:
Here is part of their terms of usage.
If someone else might own the copyright to it, don't upload it. Don't upload gore, "hate speech" (i.e. demeaning race, gender, age, religious or sexual orientation, etc.), or material that is threatening, harassing, defamatory, or that encourages violence or crime. Don't upload illegal content such as child porn or non-consensual ("revenge") porn. Don't hotlink to adult content or to file-sharing, gambling, torrent, warez, or Imgur rip-off sites. Don't impersonate someone else. Also, don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network. If you do – and we will be the judge – or if you do anything illegal, in addition to any other legal rights we may have, we will ban you along with the site you're hotlinking from, delete all your images, report you to the authorities if necessary, and prevent you from viewing any images hosted on Imgur.com. We mean it.

So, Using IMGR is likely to be a short-term thing and you should probably look elsewhere.
Sorry Curly, but I don't see a connection between the quoted terms and your supposition that using IMGR is a short term thing. But then again, I'm only on my second cup of joe this AM. :wink:

Author:  Curly N [ Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Using IMGR site to post Photos

dubob wrote:
Curly-Nohair wrote:
Here is part of their terms of usage.
If someone else might own the copyright to it, don't upload it. Don't upload gore, "hate speech" (i.e. demeaning race, gender, age, religious or sexual orientation, etc.), or material that is threatening, harassing, defamatory, or that encourages violence or crime. Don't upload illegal content such as child porn or non-consensual ("revenge") porn. Don't hotlink to adult content or to file-sharing, gambling, torrent, warez, or Imgur rip-off sites. Don't impersonate someone else. Also, don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network. If you do – and we will be the judge – or if you do anything illegal, in addition to any other legal rights we may have, we will ban you along with the site you're hotlinking from, delete all your images, report you to the authorities if necessary, and prevent you from viewing any images hosted on Imgur.com. We mean it.

So, Using IMGR is likely to be a short-term thing and you should probably look elsewhere.
Sorry Curly, but I don't see a connection between the quoted terms and your supposition that using IMGR is a short term thing. But then again, I'm only on my second cup of joe this AM. :wink:

I say " Short Term" because if a bunch of folks start using imgr.com as a means to post photos in forums. Imgr is likely to make the same move as photobucket, only they say that they will throw out the photos right along with you. Therefore one should be sure to maintain copies of anything that goes to IMGR.
Sorry if you cannot see that far down the road.

Author:  GLS [ Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Using IMGUR site to post Photos

Don't despair about losing forum photos that were posted with photobucket. Both Chrome and FireFox browsers have add-ons that unlock the dreaded clock appearing in old photobucket postings. Google Chrome photobucket fix or Firefox photobucket fix. They work. Gil

Author:  jackvoorheis [ Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Using IMGUR site to post Photos

Hi Curly - I would like to sell another gun and have been trying for the last hour to post pictures. I copied your post about using imgur.com and I can't get past your first comment to: upload pictures to your account. I created an album and it says browse or drag pictures. (I'm using Apple). When I click on browse, it goes to my photos and I can't figure out how to get the picture to the previous screen. I can't drag them and I can't figure out how to copy them and paste on the screen to add pictures to my album.

Author:  jackvoorheis [ Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Using IMGUR site to post Photos

Hi Curly - Please ignore my last post. I finally figured it out.

Author:  Curly N [ Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Using IMGUR site to post Photos

jackvoorheis wrote:
Hi Curly - Please ignore my last post. I finally figured it out.


Good, because I just now saw your message. :wink:

Author:  B.L.E. [ Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Using IMGUR site to post Photos

Experimental post to see if it works.

Image

Author:  Acme54321 [ Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Using IMGUR site to post Photos

You can also use imgbb.com for free and no account necessary. Obviously if you are trying to store images for eternity this isn't the site for that.

Author:  Herb S. [ Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Using IMGUR site to post Photos

What code do you use to insert a picture on SW using imgbb.com?

Author:  Herb S. [ Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Using IMGUR site to post Photos

Never mind. I got it.

Author:  NH1100 [ Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Using IMGUR site to post Photos

When I use the IMGUR site and follow the instructions, I can get the link to post like this:

https://imgur.com/MSOKYe5

But how are you getting the image itself to post in a message? I see several posts with full photos in them but I am not sure how. Am I missing something?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Author:  dubob [ Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Using IMGUR site to post Photos

You will find 6 different types of links next to your pictures in IMGUR. They are Image Link, Direct Link, Markdown Link, HTML, BBCode, & Linked BBCode. If you copy and paste the BBCode link here in a SGW thread, your picture will be displayed as this BBCode link from my pictures is being displayed below. This BBCode link puts this URL (https://i.imgur.com/GRtg1CV.jpg) inside the image code ([img]URL-link-goes-here[/img]) to properly display the image in your post. Like this:

Image

Your picture would have displayed like this if you had used the BBCode link; like this:

Image

Also, the BBCode link puts a dot jpg (.jpg) at the end of the string to identify it as a picture. Your link above did not have that, but it does here.
{hs#

Author:  Curly N [ Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Using IMGUR site to post Photos

Once you have the picture up, click on it, when it is full size, right click in the middle of it you should get a sub menu, If Chrome select Copy image Address, Then go to your message and select the IMG button from the compose menu and copy that link to the space between the IMG buttons.
Image

If Edge browser right click in the middle of the full size image and select copy then past that info in between the IMG buttons
Image

Firefox is probably similar to one of the above.

Author:  NH1100 [ Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Using IMGUR site to post Photos

Thanks for your guidance Curly. I tried it again and using the "BB" code option worked.

The process was actually easy (now that I know what to do!)

Author:  Southerncomfort [ Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Using IMGUR site to post Photos

Posting a short video ? 9 seconds long ? Any ideas ?

Author:  casonet [ Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Using IMGUR site to post Photos

Is it the same for those of us who use Apple equipment?

Author:  Gib [ Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Test post

Image


Thanks. It worked.

Author:  agdchi [ Sun May 27, 2018 7:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Using IMGUR site to post Photos

Image

Image

Author:  28ga. [ Mon May 28, 2018 8:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Using IMGUR site to post Photos

Maybe I should not post it, but I have never seen such arrogance in a site usage statement; I get what they want to stay away from, but there can be a more user friendly (are they?) way of saying it.

Page 1 of 6 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/