ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Need Lowest Recoil Semi-Auto Shotgun
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 11:34 am 
Presentation Grade

You should consider relocating to a more gun friendly place...life is short...no need to put up with the trudeau’s of the world.

I hear Texas is nice...

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 5:11 pm 
Crown Grade

I would love to offer to adopt many of the firearms you Canadian future mass shooters are no longer civil enough to possess, but I don't know how the actual hand off could be accomplished. Maybe by parachute drop from a private plane? Are you allowed to own planes, or might you be likely to fly them into the sides of barns, thus harming sheep and cows?

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 4:05 pm 
Presentation Grade

Remington 1100 or 11-87

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 9:08 am 
Limited Edition

lalji wrote:
Since making this post, our wise and great leader Justin Trudeau has outlawed/banned a massive list of weapons! Shotguns are on that list...

So, I have no choice but to wait till the dust settles before making my purchase if I even make one.

I also need to figure out what to do with all of my other weapons that are now banned and illegal. :-(

Thank you and I appreciate all of the advice, if gun ownership becomes legal in Canada, I will be sure to revisit.

lots of misinformation here. Gun ownership in Canada is still very much legal. Yes some new laws were recently rushed into place after the mass shooting that took place, and mostly covers AR style firearms, and those will soon be challenged in the courts. As a result of rushing new laws into place some mistakes were made in regards to bore size for firearms now considered banned. 12g and 10g fell into this banned catergory (after the gov said any hunting/sporting shotguns would not be affected). This mistake was caught after the law was introduced, and has since been brought to gov attention, and the RCMP has also gone on record as saying shotguns were not intended to be on this banned list, and that 12g and 10g shotguns are still and will continue to be very legal to own, purchase and use.
So go buy yourself a new toy

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 12:02 pm 
Tournament Grade

Good advice.
Until the dictator decides to turn the screw again.

You will be disarmed.
Sorry.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 12:32 pm 
Limited Edition

For some reason, Remington 1100's & 11-87's seem to "fit" an awful lot of people, right out of the box. I have a standard weight LH 20 gauge 1100 and she's a joy to shoot. I would not shy away from any of the current (last three years) production 1100's or 11-87's either.

In pre-owned guns the 20 gauge Beretta AL390 or 3901 would be great choices as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:59 am 
Utility Grade

Try a Browning silver 20ga! Very smooth and reasonably priced! THey make a micro Midas version for youth or small framed shooters!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:36 am 
Crown Grade

It would be very hard to beat a Remington 1100 or 11-87 with screw in chokes, and it's made in America!

K80 Pro Sporter
Clay Delay Rep

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:49 am 
Crown Grade

labloverva wrote:
It would be very hard to beat a Remington 1100 or 11-87 with screw in chokes, and it's made in America!

{hs# And we welcome any Canadian money you want to spend here!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:20 pm 
Field Grade

I have degenerative Arthritis in my shoulder, I shoot a Beretta A300 with a Limbsaver Air-Tech recoil pad, tames it down really well.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:44 am 
Utility Grade

There are surely more knowledgeable posters in this thread than me, but I have been incredibly pleased with the lack of recoil from the Benelli Montefeltro in 20 ga. I put approximatwly 1,400 rounds downrange in a single day while in Cordoba. I never needed a shoulder pad (only wore a thin shirt and fleece jacket) on a three day hunt with something like 3,000 rounds total.

I'd be interested if someone has done a scientific test of this and would be willing to participate in such an experiment....

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:33 am 
Crown Grade

labloverva wrote:

Hopefully that will continue! At least by somebody under the Remington name anyway.

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:29 am 
Presentation Grade

Sir,

You and your wife both need your own guns fit properly to each of you, especially if you want a soft shooting low recoil gun. The 1100 20 gauge built on the old 12 gauge frame is a real good suggestion, use light soft shooting shells with just enough powder to rotate the the gun. If she needs a good recoil pad, purchase one and have it fit properly to the gun.

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

NRA Life Member/NRA Instructor