ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ISIS recoil pads
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:58 pm 
Field Grade

Looking to replace some recoil pads on field guns. I need to shorten a couple of guns for heavier clothing and will look at rounder sporting pads for easy of mounting.

Anyone use the ISIS X pad on a field gun?

Post subject: Re: ISIS recoil pads
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:14 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I love them on my target guns. But they have a leather back and it is probably not all that great over long exposure to rain or the bottom of a duck blind. I would put one on my upland gun, but not my duck or rain gun.

NSCA #617422

When the mind is right, the body will find a way...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:26 pm 
Crown Grade

https://www.newenglandcustomgun.com/pro ... hp?cat=298

This allows you to install different pad thicknesses depending on weather/clothing

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:51 pm 
Field Grade

oneounceload wrote:
https://www.newenglandcustomgun.com/products.php?cat=298

This allows you to install different pad thicknesses depending on weather/clothing

Thanks! Looks like a great option.

From Shotgunning in the automatic mind - “If your thumb and nose collide when you fire the gun, the stock is too short. If you can’t comfortably mount the gun with a somewhat heavy coat on, your stock is too long”. I’m getting old, short and needing heavier jacket.