ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Weatherby 18i 20 Gauge Receiver Size
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:56 pm 
Tournament Grade

Does anyone know if the Weatherby 18i Deluxe 20 gauge uses the same receiver as the 12 gauge or if it has its own gauge appropriate receiver? I did a number of searches, but didn't find a clear answer. Looking at some of the pictures at the barrel junction, it does appear that the larger receiver is used for the 20 gauge, similar to the older 1100's and Winchester autos.

Post subject: Re: Weatherby 18i 20 Gauge Receiver Size
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:10 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Station9 wrote:
Does anyone know if the Weatherby 18i Deluxe 20 gauge uses the same receiver as the 12 gauge or if it has its own gauge appropriate receiver?

It has its own receiver, as is the case with all 20 gauge inertia guns. They are Marocchi shotguns. I've never heard of, much less seen, a 20 gauge inertia gun with a 12 gauge receiver. Weatherby should be able to give you dimensions.

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:43 pm 
Tournament Grade

RandyWakeman wrote:
Station9 wrote:
Does anyone know if the Weatherby 18i Deluxe 20 gauge uses the same receiver as the 12 gauge or if it has its own gauge appropriate receiver?

It has its own receiver, as is the case with all 20 gauge inertia guns. They are Marocchi shotguns. I've never heard of, much less seen, a 20 gauge inertia gun with a 12 gauge receiver. Weatherby should be able to give you dimensions.

Thanks for the prompt reply. Have you any experience with this model, and what are your impressions? Do you think that the Marocchi guns are a cut above the Turkish guns.
I have seen and enjoyed your 20 gauge and other reviews. Thanks for all your efforts.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:06 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Station9 wrote:
Thanks for the prompt reply. Have you any experience with this model, and what are your impressions? Do you think that the Marocchi guns are a cut above the Turkish guns.
I have seen and enjoyed your 20 gauge and other reviews. Thanks for all your efforts.

I've had good luck with Weatherby ATA models (SA-08 gas, Element Waterfowler) but Weatherby has been shy about the 18i. $1,899.00 MSRP is a bit salty for just another inertia gun with a small safety, barely adequate recoil pad, no innovative features, and a generic action.

http://randywakeman.com/