ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sears JC Higgins Semi-Auto Shotguns
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:06 pm 
Field Grade

I bought some Sears JC Higgins shotguns only to discover there is absolutely no support, information or otherwise so I made 4 videos to help people who did the same. There is a little information here, and some real sparse and possible dodgy information on YouTube so I took it upon myself to sort though everything and try and glean the truth for those who may be seeking information.

I cover the various models up to the High Standard but only include 1 example. There are 4 videos that cover strengths and weaknesses, parts sourcing and interchangeability, disassembly reassembly, and function.

This is amateur video made with an iPhone. It’s not interesting unless you own one and want help. My voice is sedative. There are definitely reasons to criticize it but unless you invest the time and money to do better, please don’t.

Video 1 of 4: https://www.bitchute.com/video/gpw48WSFglr7/

Post subject: Re: Sears JC Higgins Semi-Auto Shotguns
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:09 pm 
Field Grade

Video 2 of 4:
https://www.bitchute.com/video/O8CfxmFZDHmI/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:25 pm 
Field Grade

Video 3 of 4:
https://www.bitchute.com/video/yz2fyufEHhyB/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:33 pm 
Field Grade

Video 4 of 4

https://www.bitchute.com/video/J9bEuvEJhucm/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:40 pm 
Limited Edition

Very informative, thank you

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:54 pm 
Field Grade

My parents gave me one of these shotguns new for Christmas in 1959. I hunted with it off and on for about 15-20 years. I replaced a broken action bar in about 1972. I did shoot skeet with it last year and it functioned fine with my one ounce reloads. My model 66 has the poly choke with compensator. My gun has no rust but the fore end is cracked where the metal is located at the front, otherwise my gun is in very good condition with no dings in the stock. This gun has machined parts with few mim parts. I also have the original owners manual. I watched all four of your videos. Thank you for producing the videos. Except for the four rounds of skeet last year, the gun stays in a safe.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:30 pm 
Field Grade

smlake wrote:
I watched all four of your videos. Thank you for producing the videos. Except for the four rounds of skeet last year, the gun stays in a safe.

You’re welcome. I’m glad you didn’t pass out from boredom.

Glad to see you still have something so precious. I have my Fathers Fox Model B he got new when he was 14. Means nothing to others, but it is special.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:25 pm 
Crown Grade

I too watched your videos because I am always interested in the workings of the early semi autos and especially the gas operated ones. Thank you for your work!

How reliable were the various iterations of these guns?