ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Semi-autos, do lefties need LH models?
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 7:18 pm 
Field Grade

I know this is an older thread but it does have some current posts.

I’m a left handed and shot my right handed 1100 for years with no issue. Then one day I was shooting a friends Benelli Montefeltro and his reloaded hull failed and sprayed a bunch of stuff in my face as the action cycled. I wound up buying a used left hand 1100 after that.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 7:20 pm 
Crown Grade

As a LH who shot some form of semi for 30 years here and there; no problem with a RH gun

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:05 am 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

As a lefty, my biggest problem shooting right handed is the stock cast.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:31 pm 
Limited Edition

I witnessed an 1100 come apart once on the skeet field. I shot a lot of right handed guns left handed and never had a problem but that incident changed my mind. I own a few left handed 1187s and 870s. Still shoot right handed shotguns mostly sub 12 gauge. Anyone who thinks a left handed shooter isn’t more at risk during a catastrophic failure is kidding themselves.

How many right handed shooters ever bought a left handed gun because the owner couldn’t sell it and dropped the price? I bet none. It’s a free country (kind of) so if you prefer right handed firearms its your call.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:45 pm 
Tournament Grade

I shot a right handed 1100 for a few rounds of skeet. After we were finished I noticed little powder burn marks on my shooting glasses. They would not wash off. At $150 a pair for the prescription lenses, I was extremely unhappy to see they were permanently damaged!

I've shot thousands of rounds out of my left handed 1100 and never experienced a powder burn on any of my lenses.

That's enough to convince me there is a valid reason for a left-handed shooter to shoot a left-handed semi-auto.

<drop the mike>