ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Swapping Out Rt-Left Trigger Assembly on the 11-87P
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:06 pm 
Utility Grade

Being a "Lefty", I've switched over my 870 pumps to left handed trigger assemblies which I ordered from Remington parts. I'm getting ready to sell my Versa Max which I'm selling for one reason or another, but I had the safety on that reversed.

I'm replacing the VM w/a Remington 11-87P which is being shipped to me, so I called Remington parts to order a left handed trigger assembly, and the gentleman stated to me that the older 11-87P's had the capability of swapping out the rt handed trigger assembly for a left handed one, but past a certain serial number it can't be done.

He said you can't do it on the later guns.

The gun is in route to me but the guy who sold it to me hasn't gotten back to me so I don't have the serial number yet; when I do get the serial #, Remington says they can tell me if the trigger assemblies can be swapped out.

Does anybody know anything about this issue??

Post subject: Re: Swapping Out Rt-Left Trigger Assembly on the 11-87P
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:01 pm 
Utility Grade

Over the years I've owned several 870/1100/11-87 shotguns, most of them right hand ejection. My solution was to simply swap the factory right hand safety for an aftermarket left hand safety. This is the first I've heard of a LH trigger group.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:09 am 
Limited Edition

Having owned and shot Remington LH 870’s and 1100’s since the early 70’s, I can tell you the only differences in the trigger groups are in the shell lifter/carrier, and of course the safety button. There is a small “lip” on the left or right side of the carrier to control the feed of the shell from the magazine to the chamber. It helped keep the shell centered if you had the gun canted to the side. I think this would hold true on other Remington semi auto shotguns that came in left handed versions.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:33 pm 
Limited Edition

chiefdave wrote:
Over the years I've owned several 870/1100/11-87 shotguns, most of them right hand ejection. My solution was to simply swap the factory right hand safety for an aftermarket left hand safety. This is the first I've heard of a LH trigger group.

I agree 100% I have several 1100s and 1187s that are left hand but I also have a couple
870 right hand and all I did was replaced the safety's with left hand safety's.