ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: AyA #2 Advice
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:26 pm 
Field Grade

I tried this in the Spanish shotgun thread and got no response. Maybe here where others are similarly gifted I'll fare better.

I have a new and unfired AyA No. 2, 20 gauge w/ 28" barrels. i sent to a very good stock maker to have the stock bent to a 1/4" cast on. Later, he wrote to tell me that there were hairline cracks in the wrist area which would prevent it from being bent w/o the likelihood of the stock breaking. I contacted the distributor and the short version is that AyA did not warranty their wood and eventually my calls went unanswered. The stockmaker (Del Whitman) made a stock to my measurements with some nice but not too fancy wood. (I intended to hunt it and didn't want to have to stop to sob when it got scratched.) I need now to sell this shotgun and need to get a fair price for it.

Can you help me put a price on it. I can supply pictures and dimensions when I return home if needed.

By the way, I highly recommend Mr. Whitman's work.

Post subject: Re: AyA #2 Advice
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:58 pm 
Utility Grade

You were given good advise in the other thread. Check gun broker and other gun auction sites for what comparable guns sold for. Unfortunately. Recovering the expense of the custom stock may be difficult. Good luck!

The blue book of gun values may be of value too for a starting point.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:31 pm 
Field Grade

Thank you. I posted here before the other reply. As I stated there, I never anticipated recovering the cost of the new stock. I hope that I can sell it for the approximate cost I paid for it to begin with - about $5000. I was hoping not to lose value by having the cracked stock replaced.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:51 am 
Field Grade

In my experience, used Spanish gun in like new condition sell for about half of retail. Add left handed and you are going to need to reduce the price more. You could get lucky and find a lefty that really wants it, however.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:22 am 
Utility Grade

Did u understand my contact info. so I can send pictures?