ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Winchester SX3 for lefthand?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:35 pm 
Tournament Grade

How about the SX3 for LH use? Any trouble switching the safety and stock cast shims around?

Post subject: Re: Winchester SX3 for lefthand?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:00 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

No issue shifting safety and shims are easily changed. Instructions on changing safety is in a previous post and shim instructions in manual.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:22 pm 
Field Grade

No problem to make the change. I bought an SX3 used and the safety was set for a lefty. i found a video on YouTube on the switchover. The job takes 10 minutes. if I had to do it again, it might be 5 minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:35 pm 
Field Grade

One clarification on my last reply post. My SX3 has a wood stock and did not come with adjustable stock shims. My understanding is that only the nylon/plastic stock comes with the shims allows you to adjust cast and stock elevation.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:41 am 
Limited Edition

My Winchester SX3 came with shims to adjust the stock. Wood stock with the titanium grey finish.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:44 pm 
Field Grade

Tvone
Saw your post saying that your wood stocked SX3 came with stock shims. I thought maybe that Winchester forgot to give me mine. Went back and looked at page 27 of my manual and it says the "wood stocked SX3's don't come with shims"! Now if yours did, that means that Winchester must have listened to their customers and added shims to their wood stocked models as they should have from day one. Fortunately my SX3 with a wood stock and no shims fits me pretty well and is nice shooting gun. Thank you for the info and for readers looking for a wood stocked SX3, best to ask before you buy.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:43 am 
Limited Edition

It was a requirement as a lefty. One of the few guns that I sold regretted.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:20 am 
Tournament Grade

I bought a compact for my daughter who is left handed and it did come with shims. It too has the grey finish.