ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fabarms ELOS D2 vs Rizzini BR110 LH Stock?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:41 pm 
Utility Grade

Hi Everyone. I am in the market for a 20ga O/U for my Upland gun.
I like both the Fabarms and Rizzini and need to confirm if the Rizzini
Is offered in LH cast. I know the Fabarms does. Price difference between
The two is bit of $$$ so I wanted some opinions. I also was hoping Beretta
Would offer the SP1 in LH stock but I can only find the sporting models, or Joel Etchen
Was willing to pull a LH cast 20ga from the 20/28 gauge set, but those have higher end wood and quite expensive. Other I’ve looked at were Browning 725 and Citori which fit me good. Brownings normally fit me well. Advise and thanks.

Post subject: Re: Fabarms ELOS D2 vs Rizzini BR110 LH Stock?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:53 am 
Presentation Grade

Yes the Rizzini BR-110 is available in a left hand stock. I have the BR-110 Sporting 20 ga with the left hand stock. It only took 13 months to get it, even though the distributor said it would be 3-4 months, and was absolutely no help in getting information about the gun. But I do like the gun.

I also have a Fabarms XLR in left hand, which I also like. My experience has been the customer service is better at Fabarms. Rizzini will not even talk to my club manager about getting extra chokes for my BR-110.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:43 pm 
Utility Grade

Thanks for the reply. Knowing this I may lean towards the Fabarms and/or Browning 725.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:59 pm 
Crown Grade

FWIW, in my experience, CG/Fabarm customer service is excellent.

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:53 am 
Limited Edition

Bought a LH D2 several weeks ago and have put ~ 1,300 rounds through it so far on skeet and sporting clays, 3/4 oz - 1 oz loads @ 1,300 fps. Handles very well - I like the combination of light 28" barrels and aluminum receiver. Excellent chokes.

I did replace the butt pad with the next thicker FABARM one, adding 0.4" to LOP to make a minor adjustment to drop at face.

Excellent customer service.