ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Central Eye Dominant
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:35 am 
Tournament Grade

Happy New Year A.M.

Ok, I need to pick your brain. Watching your new video right now. It is excellent.

I had a lesson with you years ago at Big Red. So I understand some of your ideas. I have always had an eye dominant issue in shooting. In college I played baseball and batted left handed and threw right handed. I hit pretty damn good. I alway shot right handed. Not knowing eye dominance mattered back in the 70s, I did not know how important hitting left handed and being left eye dominant was. Also shooting right handed being a huge disadvantage. Ok now I am very central eye dominant and more right eyed than left. Pretty unusual but it is what it is. So, wanting to be a A shooter or better, I feel that I must close an eye as my vision is not consistent as being right eye, left eyed or central dominant.

Sorry for long rant but, here is my question. Most SCs guns are set to 60/40. Do you think that having a 80/20 or even 90/10 float could help with maybe keeping both eyes open? In your video you talk about shooting low when trying to change to both eyes. Why would it not be better to take the entire barrel out of view, (which to me crosses at times with both eyes) and look above the bead? To me, picturing a pattern circle above the barrel seems to keep me from trying to aim instead of point. All your expertise on your teaching could be very helpful with this for me. I am sure you have seen all sorts of eye problems. You had a great chapter on this in the video, but now I need a little more help in how to tackle this.

Post subject: Re: Central Eye Dominant
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:20 am 
Tournament Grade

Anthony?