ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: OK A.M.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:35 am 
Tournament Grade

So first tourney in 2 years. I had a station where the traps were at 5 going 2, and 7 going 11. 2 RPs and 2 TPs. on the RPs, it was no issue getting the gun to next hold point on 2nd shot. But the TPs were really hard. I found myself over correcting to get to hold point on second bird putting me behind the target. Then target gets to far away and I shoot behind it on both TPs. I had a shotkam on the gun which confirmed this.

So, question is this. The only way I see to shoot this 2nd target is to go to the hold point way in front of the clay and let the clay come to the gun. It seems like the window is so tight that the gun would have to not move and wait for it trying to stay still. Have you ever had to do that? To me the swing is so violent to get from the first to second that trying to do any sustained lead for the small time you have that it might just be better to practice moving gun to fixed position and take the shot. Having your videos, Some of this is covered, but this is one of those specialty things that only someone like you has had enough experience to improvise this shot. By the way, group I shot with, no one hit the true pair.

Post subject: Re: OK A.M.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:20 pm 
Clays Expert
Clays Expert

The is no hold point on the 2nd bird of a true pair. The eyes must shift quickly and the gun will follow the eyes. Eyes first. The tempo of the first shot and the transition determine the success. The 2nd shot is a point the gun and trust shot.

Post subject: Re: OK A.M.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:27 am 
Tournament Grade

Perfect. Thank you AM