ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Huglu's perfomance in clay shooting
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:00 am 
Utility Grade

I am looking to buy an o/u and i stumbled upon this (huglu) brand. I am particularly interested in the huglu ht 14. How is huglu's performance in general with regards to clay shooting ? Anyone owns the ht 14?

Post subject: Re: Huglu's perfomance in clay shooting
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:56 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Hello demartino.alan, andImage to the Huglu forum.

I don't see the HT 14 listed on the CZ-USA website, is the HT 14 only sold in Europe? I can find a few searches on them, but no places that sell them?

cdb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:43 am 
Crown Grade

I'm going out on a limb and bet he's not from Kansas. Likely Italy or some other Mediterranean country, although his English is quite good. Could be some gun we are familiar with, but under another name.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:02 pm 
Field Grade

Looks like it is new for the European markets. A pretty great looking gun that is apparently Huglu's answer to the Beretta DT11.

https://www.guntradenews.com/news/gun-o ... glu-ht-14/

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:28 am 
Utility Grade

I am from the tiny island of Malta (Europe). Here in malta there is an agent of huglu and has the ht 14 for sale. I like it a lot. Id like to hear your opinion in general about huglu guns...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:20 am 
Presentation Grade

Huglu made CZ hunting guns have a pretty good reputation for reliability in N. America, for a modestly priced gun. They often need a trip to the gunsmith for excessively heavy trigger pulls, as delivered from the factory.
Nobody has any experience with heavily using a Huglu Trap gun in N. America yet.
The HT-14 Trap Guns have just recently shown up in Canada, at about half the price of a base model Beretta.
My question for you, located in Malta, is about the gunsmith service available to you if you should encounter problems with a Huglu gun.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:17 am 
Crown Grade

Malta, lovely island nation with a fascinating history. I was lucky enough to have visited there with 5000 of my close, personal friends back in the 1970's while serving as an A-7 pilot aboard the USS Forrestal.

Huglu has made tremendous strides in the manufacture of guns, transitioning from cottage industry manufacture to CNC production. Early guns were robust in design, but a bit rough on internal parts finish. The transition to CNC has made the internals much more finished in appearance and reduced the amount of hand fitting required. Some people on these forums have disparaged the quality of the steel used in Turkish guns without offering definitive evidence of their claims. I believe that early manufacture heat treatment procedures may have been to blame for that assumption rather than poor quality steel. Currently manufactured guns utilize the latest in manufacturing technology including excellent heat treatment, offering the consumer a real bargain in high quality guns. Turkish guns are blessed with some of the nicest wood currently available on any guns, with run of the mill guns often having excellent figure that would be a thousand dollar upgrade from other manufacturers. If I were interested in the HT-14 gun for trap, I would not hesitate to purchase it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:02 am 
Utility Grade

Thanks guys for the help!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:47 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

After many people tried to bad-mouth Huglu guns, cdb (Chuck) here on the Huglu forum had a running total for his Huglu just to prove that the guns hold up. Maybe he'll post his latest total which will be in many many tens of thousands of shells.

- Ben Franklin