ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CZ readhead premier target longevity
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:52 pm 
Utility Grade

Hello.
I’m new here and to the clay shooting sports. I started by shooting trap and I’m totally hooked. After a bunch of research I settled on a 12 gauge 30” redhead target. I figured it is a good starting 12 gauge shotgun and so far it’s been great. I have around 600 shots through it.
Someone told me that the gun would probably be good for around 5000 shots.
If you have owned this type of shotgun please share your experience. What is the expected longevity out of the Huglu shotguns?

Thank you in advance.

Post subject: Re: CZ readhead premier target longevity
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:31 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

It will last a whole lot more than 5,000 shots, whoever told you that knows absolutely nothing about CZ/Huglu shotguns, I have a Canvasback with over 30k rounds through it. It still locks up like a bank vault, is tight, and basically shows no wear. Shoot your Redhead, and don't worry a bit about it.

cdb

Last edited by cdb1097 on Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:17 am 
Field Grade

I bought a Redhead Target about 4 years ago. I probably have 3000 rounds in it now. It used to be my primary trap gun but now I use it for skeet and an occasional round of 5 Stand. I have had zero issues with the gun. I did replace the pad with a kick eez and sent the gun to CZUSA to lighten the trigger. Service on the gun is excellent - they picked up the cost of shipping both ways. The gun came back with a trigger under 5lbs in less than 2 weeks. The wood on the gun is amazing - shows no wear unlike my Beretta. I think you'll be pleased with the gun and it will give you a heck of a lot more than 5K rounds.

12 Ga Caesar Guerini Summit Impact

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:58 am 
Limited Edition

Nice shotgun and great CZ service if you need it.
Just enjoy it and don't pay attention to the naysayers.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:39 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

CZ’s are underrated. I started on a Canvasback and put around 5000 rounds through her. Sold it to a buddy and he put a lot more through it and then he sold it to another buddy. It’s like a Timex “takes a licken but keeps on ticken” or shooting. It’s also killed a lot of ducks over the years too. Shoot and enjoy..

Caesar Guerini Summit Ascent
Blaser F16
Blaser F3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:03 pm 
Diamond Grade

I have somewhere north of 10,000 rounds through my CZ Mallard 20 gauge. No issues whatsoever. I'm sure you will get a lot more than 5000 rounds out of yours. As others have said, shoot it and don't worry about it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:30 pm 
Tournament Grade

I have a CZ-USA Redhead Target 12 ga. and have probably put nearly 10,000 rounds through it by now with ZERO wear and tear! I shoot it on sporting clays every week (sometimes twice a week on 100 targets).

I just returned from a 3 day weekend shoot with my CZ. I never had a bobble or a hiccup while several other folks with more expensive guns had breakdowns (to be honest some folks with less expensive guns had problems as well).

In addition to putting 250 rounds through the Redhead Target 12 ga. for three days in a row I put 250 rounds a day through my new CZ-USA 28 ga. with no problems.

Will you hear about folks having trouble with CZ guns? Sure... if you listen in the right places you will hear that about all makes and models. If you have a problem CZ Customer Service WILL take good care of you.

Keep it clean, keep it slippery in the right places... it will last a long time.

OkKeith

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:41 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I forgot Image Tonyg118.

cdb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:22 am 
Tournament Grade

Who told you 5K rounds? is that like a turkish gun hater?

I have no idea how many rounds are through mine, bought it back in 2017 and have used it for a couple of leagues and countless practice sessions and it has yet to have an issue (knock on wood)

And they few times I reached out to CZ with questions they have been super responsive and helpful.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:27 pm 
Utility Grade

Thank you for the welcome comments and the positive feedback on the redhead target.
I really like the way the gun feels and balances. I've already added a Gracoil system with a kick easy pad and got it to fit well. Next I'm thinking of adding an adjustable comb and just wanted to make sure she would last before spending more money on her.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:45 am 
Tournament Grade

Tonyg118 wrote:
Thank you for the welcome comments and the positive feedback on the redhead target.
I really like the way the gun feels and balances. I've already added a Gracoil system with a kick easy pad and got it to fit well. Next I'm thinking of adding an adjustable comb and just wanted to make sure she would last before spending more money on her.

I read early models had issues with the firing pins but that was long since corrected, I did a count and I am just over 5K rounds with mine, I wouldn't spend tons on it personally but I also don't have any concerns about durability.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:49 am 
Tournament Grade

Tonyg118-

I just received two CZs back from Joe at TronSpace Stockworks. I had 4-way adjustable combs put on both. His work is excellent and he has a quick turnaround. I don't think anyone can beat his price for value of work. Really nice guy as well.

OkKeith

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:15 pm 
Tournament Grade

OkKeith wrote:
Tonyg118-

I just received two CZs back from Joe at TronSpace Stockworks. I had 4-way adjustable combs put on both. His work is excellent and he has a quick turnaround. I don't think anyone can beat his price for value of work. Really nice guy as well.

OkKeith

I am surprised he actually worked on them as on another shooting forum which Tron from Tronspsace stockworks contributes to he is pretty outspoken on his utter distaste for all Turkish shotguns, with multiple examples of his saying they are a total waste of money....

I can only figure "everyone's money is green" but given his attitude am a bit surprised he didn't mention anything about doing the work not being worth it or just outright refusing to do it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:36 pm 
Tournament Grade

bozack-

He never mentioned it and did a fine job on my 28 gauge and my wife's 12 gauge field gun.

OkKeith

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:03 pm 
Tournament Grade

OkKeith wrote:
bozack-

He never mentioned it and did a fine job on my 28 gauge and my wife's 12 gauge field gun.

OkKeith

That's great to hear that he did quality work, knowing about his post history I would always wonder how good it would come out, but nice knowing that he does a great job regardless of the thoughts on where they were made.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:10 pm 
Utility Grade

I ended up sending it to Graco. Same place that did the adjustable butt plate. They did a great job, very fast and decent price.
See attached picture. Wish I had done it a while back. So much easier to adjust POI.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:41 am 
Tournament Grade

Tonyg118-

Looking great!

OkKeith

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:49 am 
Limited Edition

Nice looking and very functional.