Post subject: CZ 28ga teal weight?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:10 pm 
Presentation Grade

Can someone tell what their 28ga CZ teal weights

Thanks

Post subject: Re: CZ 28ga teal weight?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:17 pm 
Tournament Grade

I just put mine on the bathroom scale and it weighed 6.8 pounds.

Qualifier: I do have a set of extended chokes in it and had a 4-way adjustable comb put on it, so naked from the factory it probably weighed right at 6 or less.

OkKeith
Attachment:
28 4.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:24 pm 
Presentation Grade

Thanks OkKeith can you tell me what choke system they use and how are you like yours so far?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:00 pm 
Tournament Grade

Wildlew-

As far as I know CZ-USA makes their own chokes. I have several sets of flush and extended chokes for all the various 12 gauge CZs we have (Redhead Premier Target, Lady Sterling SCTP, Redhead Premier field gun, Canvasback) and they are all CZ factory made. Along with the flush chokes that came with the Teal 28 gauge, I ordered two sets of extended chokes from CZ in Kansas City. I have seen on the internet that both Briley and Carlson make CZ compatible chokes as aftermarket items but the are spendy.

I shot the Teal 28 as soon as I brought it home and really enjoyed it. After I received it back from having the stock work done and shot it I LOVED IT! I do plan to hunt some birds with it (and probably some small game) but I really bought it to be a sporting clays gun. I looked at several other makes of middle of the road 28s (Stevens, Yildiz, etc.) but all of them had 26" barrels and either a deleted or vented mid-rib. This would make for a quick and nimble field gun, but that's not so helpful in sporting clays (for me any way). The CZ Teal has 28" barrels and a solid mid-rib for a little more weight up front. Compared to my field guns and sporting clays gun it is very slim and trim, you might even say... petite. It fit me good as far as length of pull but the comb was low and I always need additional distance from my face on any gun. I sent the stock of to Tronworks and had the adjustable comb put on. This gave me some cast off to get my eye over the rib and some additional elevation to get the gun shooting a little higher for me. It is fantastic, at least to my sensibilities.

I have only been in the over/under game for a couple of years now having shot pump shotguns for work and hunting my entire life so take that into account as far as my judgment. I have shot some pretty high-end shotguns like FabArms, Ceasars, and a few Berettas including a DT11 so have a little room to judge I suppose. Is it on par with my buddy's Beretta Silver Pidgeon 28 gauge with the B-fast? No, but then again it didn't cost $2,000 either. I have already managed to ding the stock in a few places but even though I cringe over marring any gun, I'm not crushed by it like I would be with a gun I paid 200% more for. It is an excellent value for the money and as nice as any other shotgun I own.

All in all the CZ Teal 28 gauge has been a lot of fun to shoot and is pretty nice to look at. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending someone get one.

OkKeith

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:26 pm 
Presentation Grade

Thank you. Bought one last night and pick it up tonite and will shoot tomorrow. My gun weights 6.2 on bathroom scale. The chokes seam to be good quality. Thanks again.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:47 pm 
Utility Grade

in the same vein as this and as to not make another thread that im sure has probably been covered, Is the Huglu 103D the same as a CZ teal, and if not does anyone know the weight of that gun. The retailer im looking at has it listed at 3.2kg or just around 7lbs which seems like 12g weights not 28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:52 pm 
Tournament Grade

The CZ Teal 28 gauge is listed as 6 lbs., 20 gauge is listed at 6.9 lbs. and the 12 gauge is listed at 7.9 lbs. The 103D is what I thought CZ marketed as the Canvasback (discontinued) and I didn't know it was even made in a 28 gauge. That would be a cool gun to have if it has the Schnabel fore end and the POW grip.

Got an image of the gun in question?

OkKeith