ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri May 07, 2021 7:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 125  Next
 Post subject: Re: CZ Canvasback Reliability Test
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:26 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

You two are terrible :lol: :lol: :lol: ImageImageImageImage But if you can swing it put me in for a couple mil.

cdb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:48 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

WOW, this thread has reached 1,000 posts. Never in my wildest dreams did I think it would last this long :D :D :D

cdb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:04 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Quite the accomplishment! Close to two posts per day for just shy of 2 years!

Robert E. Lee's 200th birthday was 1/19/07. I hope AP Hill takes that hill at Gettysburg in every dream he has. Freedom isn't free. 11B; 54E20

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:59 am 
Limited Edition

Yes sir, a thousand posts and a ton of drift, aint life grand.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:34 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

JUST DRIFTING RIGHT ALONG........ME AND MY MULE....WITH THE TRUSTY CANVASBACK BY MY SIDE :D :D :D

obama's gonna go to hell!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:56 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

2fewdaysafield wrote:
Quite the accomplishment! Close to two posts per day for just shy of 2 years!

Thats just because we are a blabby groupImageImageImageImage

cdb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:02 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Hot today, since I am stuck on afternoons for the next two days, I decided to do some shooting today and tomorrow. Today I shot the Canvasback, Ithaca 37, Yildiz 20 Ga, and 870 16 Ga. All the guns worked just fine I put 50 each through the 37 & C-back, 50 through the Y-gun, and 25 through the 870. The total through the Canvasback so far is 15,860. Tomorrow the 912, 870TB, 870 16 Ga, Yildiz 20 will get a little exercise.

cdb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:26 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Went out to the farm yesterday and did some shooting, I posted a variety of pictures in the 912 thread, so I will just post the lineup and some pictures of the C-back. I fired 100 rounds through the CZ without a hitch, and it was hot out there. The total through the CZ is 15,960 total and 2,290 this year, I am a little behind my averages with the C-back, but I am also doing threads on 2 other guns, so the totals are going to drop a little :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops:
The lineup
Some photos of the CZ doing its stuff
I thought I had more of the CZ, I guess Linda was taking other pictures :roll: :roll:

cdb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:53 pm 
Utility Grade

Wow! Great thread! I own a CZ Bobwhite and love that little gun for sporting clays. Been thinking about getting an O/U to try and after seeing this thread I know that it will be a CZ! Don't know which model yet, but probably a Wingshooter but I'll give the Canvasback a look too.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:19 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Hey JaredinPA...

Thanks for joining in! Hope you will more often. Glad you like your Bobwhite. Nice guns! I'm a SxS man myself!

Robert E. Lee's 200th birthday was 1/19/07. I hope AP Hill takes that hill at Gettysburg in every dream he has. Freedom isn't free. 11B; 54E20

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:25 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Mike came down and we went to the farm shooting before going to work, we shot for a few hours so the round counts were not very high, (had a lot of different guns out) but anyway we both shot a box through the Canvasback , the total rounds to date 16,010. No problems
The line up for yesterday.......Left to right
SPR 310, Marlin 336 in 30/30, CZ 452 FS, Ithaca 51, Yildiz 12 and 20, SX3, 1100, 912,
Canvasback, and the 870TB.
Some pics I shot of Mike shooting the C-back
So I'm no Linda behind the camera, I was operating the thrower and the camera at the same time.

cdb

Last edited by cdb1097 on Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:34 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

NICE!!!! What a fine looking bunch of guns! But....but....I didn't see a single gun there without a pistol grip :shock: :roll: :? :wink: What's up with that. Not even on that sweet Marlin. Do you own any guns with a straight grip?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:38 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

2fewdaysafield wrote:
NICE!!!! What a fine looking bunch of guns! But....but....I didn't see a single gun there without a pistol grip :shock: :roll: :? :wink: What's up with that. Not even on that sweet Marlin. Do you own any guns with a straight grip?

Sure do, look closely at the Canvasback, it is a POW :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: no I do not own any English style gripped guns. :shock: :roll:

cdb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:55 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

OH MAN!!!!!!! Not even ONE!!!!!????? I know you won't touch a shotgun with an English stock, but you should at least have a levergun with a straight grip! Oh....nevermind! I know your FFL's address! Gonna have to fix you up!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:03 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

2fewdaysafield wrote:
OH MAN!!!!!!! Not even ONE!!!!!????? I know you won't touch a shotgun with an English stock, but you should at least have a levergun with a straight grip! Oh....nevermind! I know your FFL's address! Gonna have to fix you up!

The Marlin 30-30 is not mine, a coworker got it from an Uncle of his, and asked me if I would inspect it, clean it up, and see if it was shootable. I guess I am the local shade tree gunsmith, I can replace broken parts, put back together guns that come to me in a grocery bag, usually fix guns that don't work. So the Marlin was just a shooter for the day, it goes back to the owner Monday.

cdb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:58 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I got off work early today and decided to go shooting, here is the lineup for today
L to R Yildiz 20 Ga SPZ-ME Special, Remington 870 TB Wingmaster, 12 Ga CZ Canvasback,
12 Ga Ithaca Model 51, and 12 Ga CZ 912.

I shot 50 rounds out of each gun, GOD WAS IT HOT,

I tell ya it was hot out there today cdb, it was really hot out there,
How hot was it Jay?
It was so hot the heat waves coming up off the fields were sweating!!, It was so hot out there that
I fired 5 rounds per minute for ten minutes, and I took my gloves off grabbed the barrel of the shotgun, and rubbed it all over my face to cool off, thats how hot it was out there cdb!!!!!!
The total rounds through the C-back............................ 16,060, no, repeat no problems. I about freaking died out there, no more shooting in this kind of heat for me, it is not worth it.

cdb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:20 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I hear you cdb!!! I doubt it was as hot here in New England as it was there, but when I went out today the first thing that came to mind was something about mad dogs, Englishmen and the noonday sun! I'm just glad I went shooting yesterday instead of today.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:49 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I just saw the weather map on TV and you guys are taking a southern type beating now :shock:

Record snow winter and now heat?? Are you guys living right??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

obama's gonna go to hell!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:18 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Reed....The weather here has been so crazy that our local liberals have given up talking about "global warming" now they talk about "climate change". :? Whatever it is, it was BRUTAL here today and they say tomorrow will be worse.

I don't live down your way, but I did spend 20+ years in and around DC; July, August and September of '82 at Ft. Benning and a few weeks at a reserve post somewhere near Hattiesburg, Mississippi in July a while back. So I have seen some warm weather upon occasion.

And I gotta tell you....it's starting to get a little warm up here! :shock:

Turn the AC up another notch and don't move much. This too shall pass! Just like my gallstones.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:43 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Went shooting this morning about 10:00, and got home around 15:30, I blew through 18 boxes of shells :shock: :shock:
The Lineup, Left to Right, 22 LR Remington Apache Black Nylon 66, 12 Ga CZ 912, 20 Ga Yildiz SPZ-ME Special, 12 Ga Ithaca 37 Mag, 12 Ga CZ Canvasback, 12 Ga Ithaca 51, 12 Ga Remington 870TB Wingmaster, 20 Ga Beretta AL 391 Urika 2, 16 Ga Browning Citori 525, and 22 LR CZ 452 FS.
Some pictures of the stuff
Pictures of the recovered wads.
Pictures of the empty shell boxes.
So I shot 450 rounds today, :shock: :roll: :shock: 125 through the Canvasback, the gun performed like a champ, I had one FTF, reloaded the shell into the gun and it went off the second time, so there were basically no problems with the C-back today. I may get it cut down further this winter and have a softer recoil pad put on it, then I may have to add weight to get it back to 8.5 pounds. The total rounds through the CZ 16,185. Linda is working on the action shots, will post them tomorrow.

cdb

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 125  Next