ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon May 17, 2021 10:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 125  Next
 Post subject: Re: Finding out how long a Huglu made CZ Canvasback will las
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:04 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

2fewdaysafield wrote:
EXCELLENT!!!!

Got some good news for you cdb!!!! The Kansas City Chiefs are 2 - 0 and stand alone atop the AFC west!!!! Working, but have the radio feed on! :D

Great news for you 2few, they will still be celebrating when you get there {P^ {P^ :H Could be their year, and also yours.

cdb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:17 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

cdb1097 wrote:
Great news for you 2few, they will still be celebrating when you get there {P^ {P^ :H Could be their year, and also yours.

cdb

Dunno about it being their year, but it sure feels good to be 2 - 0 and on top of the division! Been a long long time since we have been there at the end of week 2!

Your Donks kicked butt today!

Robert E. Lee's 200th birthday was 1/19/07. I hope AP Hill takes that hill at Gettysburg in every dream he has. Freedom isn't free. 11B; 54E20

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:20 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

2fewdaysafield wrote:
cdb1097 wrote:

cdb

Dunno about it being their year, but it sure feels good to be 2 - 0 and on top of the division! Been a long long time since we have been there at the end of week 2!

Your Donks kicked butt today!

Your team won, my team won, I went shooting 2 days in a row with Tim, you are heading out on a 2 week hunting trip, 2few the two of us have had a great weekend. You and RM have a great hunt, hope he does not gain too much weight eating your cooking :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Then when you get to Texas, knock them doves dead!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

cdb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:35 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

WILL DO!!!! :D :D :D :D

Robert E. Lee's 200th birthday was 1/19/07. I hope AP Hill takes that hill at Gettysburg in every dream he has. Freedom isn't free. 11B; 54E20

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:12 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

FEW----IF YOU ARE STILL AROUND?? Have a very great trip and hunt :H :H :H :H :H

obama's gonna go to hell!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:00 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

It seems like a waste of time to report that I fired a WHOLE 4 rounds before it started to rain by the bucket's full. 11,996 total. Hey every round counts :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cdb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:58 pm 
Crown Grade

cdb1097 wrote:
It seems like a waste of time to report that I fired a WHOLE 4 rounds before it started to rain by the bucket's full. 11,996 total. Hey every round counts :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cdb

Yeah, you just knew it was true that Turkish steel melts in the rain. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:51 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

monkey with a gun wrote:
cdb1097 wrote:

cdb

Yeah, you just knew it was true that Turkish steel melts in the rain. :lol:

HAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: I have heard it would turn into a smoking pile of charred wood and melted metal, the barrels shoot 6 feet from POA, the stock was a 2x4, swings like a brick, O/U entry level trash, but had not heard about melting in the rain.
It is a good thing I got it back in the case and into the car before all I had left was a stock and fore end. :lol: :lol:

cdb

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:16 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Was out shooting this morning, I put 75 through the CZ for a total of 12,071. Would have stayed and threw some shot at doves, but we have tickets for the Blackhawks game tonight, executive suite, parking right across from the entrance, free food & drinks. :D :D Linda got them from one of the doctors, taking Matt and his wife. Shooting and dove hunting tomorrow. :D :D

cdb

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:18 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Chuck, you're like the eveready battery and the rounds keep adding up..........

You ought to be a terror now on the doves, mainly cause you learn to judge their distance when you shoot AT them a while!!!

best
reed

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:43 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Shot some clays today after feeding the deer some apples, shot 90 through the Canvasback for a total round count of 12,161 with ZERO problems. For what I have invested in this gun it is turning into a real bargain. :D :D

cdb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:29 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

That gun must have been made in a B gun factory or something :wink: :wink: otherwise, it should have fallen apart in your hands by now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:52 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

SGRSS20 wrote:
That gun must have been made in a B gun factory or something :wink: :wink: otherwise, it should have fallen apart in your hands by now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You nailed it Reed, its a B gun in disguise, I had it shrink wrapped to look like a Huglu, kinda like X-TRA wood, only the whole gun. :lol: LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL :lol:

cdb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:25 pm 
Diamond Grade

That B-gun XTRAWOOD really turned me off. I happen to own several older B-guns and love them dearly but that XTRAWOOD was a real damper for me. That happened about the time I discovered the Dehaans......

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:15 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

HiFli, the day I got my SX3, my wife was shopping for a gun and Beretta boy, (Rep) talked her into an AL 391 Urika 2 X-TRA wood. It is a nice gun but the fake wood grain looks cheesy to me, but mama likes it so I guess I have to live with it. :D :D

cdb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:32 pm 
Diamond Grade

As long as Mama is happy.....!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:52 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I took the Canvasback, Weatherby, Yildiz, and Dan Wesson 44 mag out after work today, I put 50 through the 44 Mag, Weatherby, and Yildiz, and 106 through the Canvasback, Grand Total through the CZ, 12,267, I had 1 FTF in the CZ. I fired the bottom barrel and nothing, fired the top barrel and all was ok. Opened the gun and closed it and tried the bottom barrel again, this time it fired, had no problems the rest of the day. bad primer??? But all is well with the CZ!! :D :D

cdb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:57 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Probably a primer. As much as you shoot, you can expect one every once in a while. I really enjoyed shooting the Y 20 the other day. It handles so well and feels so good to me, I don't think a lot of shooters know how good a value it is. I have shot OU's of all makes including P guns and K guns and I don't feel like I'm missing a thing. Sold all my OU B guns years ago and just stuck with the Ber 390 for 12ga. Don't regret it, and now the Y guns fill the void for a reasonable price :D :D :D

And for my fitted show &quail gun; don't try to convince me that my SGR/SS/20 isn't as fine as an english best!

Matter of a fact; think I'm out of the gun buying mode and into selling only. When I was shooting the other day I realized that my eyes aren't quite up to par anymore, so I can no longer be any better than the guns I own :( :D .
And that's life----shoot em while you can :D :D

UH OH :!: Did I drift :?: :lol: :lol: :lol:

reed

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:30 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Today was another early work day, so it was also a shooting day :D :D 10/3/10 I shot 80 rounds through the CZ for 12,347 total and today I put another 70 to make the total rounds 12,417. I will be shooting Sunday, with Linda so I will have pictures, hopefully good ones. :D :D :D

Oh yea, no problems as usual. :D :D

cdb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:47 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

12,400+ rounds through a sub $1,000 O/U?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Don't you know that is IMPOSSIBLE!!!??? The boys on Opinions Forum have told me so....MANY TIMES!!!!

Surely your Canvasback has doubled, Failed to fire, broken firing pins, turned to dust in your hands and just generally been a worthless POS?????

Or have the boys over in "Opinions Forum" MISLED ME????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 125  Next