ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu May 06, 2021 8:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 125  Next
 Post subject: Re: Finding out how long a Huglu made CZ Canvasback will las
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:00 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I doubt they are the ones you are talking about, these are so fat and slow my dog has almost caught a few when we let her out. :D

cdb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:03 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I took the CZ and the Y-gun out after work today, it was kinda cold, no it was dang cold, I put 50 through the CZ for a total of 14,005 trouble free rounds. The C-back is still a dream to shoot.

cdb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:40 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I went in early today, I had the thrower, 2 boxes of targets, 4 boxes of 12 Ga shells, 3 boxes of 16 Ga shells, 3 boxes of 20 Ga shells, the 12 Ga C-back, 20 Ga Y-gun, 16 Ga Citori, Shooting gloves, and for good measure the 44 Magnum Dan Wesson with 50 rounds of 245 Grain Cast SWC Keith type shells, all in the car. :D cdb was READY!!!!!! Well the only thing that can stop the C-back is 4 inches of snow :x :x :x . This weather Sucks big time {V* {V* . I never fired a single shot, could not get down into the pasture. I need a 4X4, Big Foot preferably
:roll: :roll: Snow the next 2 days :w no shooting for cdb for a few days :(^ :(^

cdb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:00 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

cdb1097 wrote:
I need a 4X4, Big Foot preferably
:roll: :roll: Snow the next 2 days :w no shooting for cdb for a few days :(^ :(^

cdb

Tried going without one for about 3 years... I COULDN'T take another grouse/deer season without one.

Stay warm!
Maggs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:08 pm 
Field Grade

cdb1097 wrote:
I need a 4X4, Big Foot preferably

cdb

I feel your pain :lol: ....yanno I was raised in Illinois and never thought much about the snow and crappy weather when I was younger. Was stationed above the thumb in Michigan for a year, still twernt all that bad. Been snowed under, blown over and damn near washed away in a flood...still twernt nuttin....Then I got older.... ^77 {F* Gimme 55-80 degrees anyday and I'll gladly run through a case of shells. Happy shovelin bud {P^

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:12 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Staying warm and no shoveling here, self propelled snow blower. :D :D :D

cdb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:58 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

CRAP ON THE SNOW!!!! I'm sick of it! We're supposed to get another 16" tonight and tomorrow! And that is on top of the 30" we have gotten in the last 3 weeks!

Once I have enough guns, I am going to retire to a place where the deer seasons are long, bag limits liberal (only kind of liberal I like) and the temps during deer season are between 25 and 45 degrees. Oh....and there will be lots of birds to hunt too!

Any suggestions guys?

Robert E. Lee's 200th birthday was 1/19/07. I hope AP Hill takes that hill at Gettysburg in every dream he has. Freedom isn't free. 11B; 54E20

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:43 am 
Field Grade

2fewdaysafield wrote:
CRAP ON THE SNOW!!!! I'm sick of it! We're supposed to get another 16" tonight and tomorrow! And that is on top of the 30" we have gotten in the last 3 weeks!

Once I have enough guns, I am going to retire to a place where the deer seasons are long, bag limits liberal (only kind of liberal I like) and the temps during deer season are between 25 and 45 degrees. Oh....and there will be lots of birds to hunt too!

Any suggestions guys?

Lesse.....TEXAS !!!!! We are the only state that can secede, we don't have a lot of antigunners running around demanding we turn in our guns every time a looney tune commits murder. You can apply for and receive a CHL if you are not a felon, take the mandatory classes and tests. Texas wildlife is abundant. Winters aren't brutal (in the Northern states sense of the word). Pheasant, quail, duck, geese, dove and turkey are still plentiful (stay away from the Metromess (Dallas/Ft Worth). Anything else? :D Oh yeah our state economic picture isn't a gloom and doom forecast. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:32 pm 
Field Grade

But...(not to start anything) you better either know someone or have a BIG bank roll...or both...if you want to hunt in Texas because it seemed to me when I was there, that all became about the money (leases) and there are almost NO public lands to hunt on. I had neither. That said, I really enjoyed my 4 years in the Dallas area and loved the people & culture...but I went out of state for most of my hunting. :(

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:35 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

That's what I have heard TOU! GREAT hunting in Tx.....IF you have a fat wallet!!!!

I was lucky this year and was able to hunt Dove a little South of San Antonio for 3 days with my buddy from this Forum...."HiFli". He bought into a "club lease" for doves for $250 for the season and was permitted to bring a guest any time except opening weekend. If he renews this year, I'm going to see if I can get in on the "club lease" so I can hunt opening weekend plus another trip or two with a guest.

Robert E. Lee's 200th birthday was 1/19/07. I hope AP Hill takes that hill at Gettysburg in every dream he has. Freedom isn't free. 11B; 54E20

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:32 pm 
Field Grade

I reckon I'm spoiled some then because I've never had to pay to hunt. Of course it does help if your neighbor and good friend happens to own a lot of land and will take his friend (that would be me) on the mere mention of "gee it sure is a nice day for (insert your hunting preference here)". Considering he's a cotton farmer I do have to be selective on my "hints" so as not to make his wife ornery about him having some fun when he should be tending to the crop.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:15 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I hear you MtnSpur!!!

Ultimately, the best hunting access will always be a place where you "know people"....as I do here....a little....

But it has always been my understanding that in Tx if you don't have "connections" then hunting is strictly a rich man's game?????

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:32 pm 
Field Grade

2fewdaysafield wrote:
I hear you MtnSpur!!!

Ultimately, the best hunting access will always be a place where you "know people"....as I do here....a little....

But it has always been my understanding that in Tx if you don't have "connections" then hunting is strictly a rich man's game?????

My experience as well.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:07 pm 
Field Grade

I just happened to get lucky with an awesome neighbor. Most people out in this part of Texas have had their land for generations. Naturally we've seen the "game clubs" come in and buy up vast parcels of land only to fence it off from the locals who had been hunting that land with their grandfathers and fathers. Sad state of affairs. :(

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:19 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Truth be told MtnSpur....I'd like to retire to Tx. I just seem to get along well with Texans. But the lack of public hunting land and the high cost of gun clubs there makes it a "non-starter" for economic reasons.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:28 pm 
Field Grade

How about Idaho? Lot's of public lands and it is tough to beat the high desert for game. The Boise area is underrated IMHO. Of course I live in rainy Western Washington and the dry air of the high desert sounds pretty good to me about now!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:14 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Hey Mad Mac!!!!!

Hear you about western Washington state!!!!! Spent a few months in Yelm, Wa......

Pretty....but I had a damned anchor with me at the time and one of her kids too!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: No matter the weather, it would have been a nightmare!!!

Idaho calls me.......My Brother lives in Missoula, Mt and my best childhood buddy lives in Bozeman, Mt.......

LORDY BE!!!!!! I sure do miss the "gopher safaris"!!!!!!!

But it gets COLD up there....and I am weary unto death of cold and snow!

Isn't there some place with a moderate climate and lots of public hunting?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:52 am 
Field Grade

Like I said, I'm partial to high desert. The sort of place most people drive through and think that they can't get out of fast enough. That's the place for me! I don't mind the cold as long as there is some sun too. 2few, it sounds like you need to get due South of Idaho. Don't know what the public lands are like in Nevada, New Mexico or Arizona, but that sounds like a good place to start looking!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:53 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I am heading out to shoot skeet with troe, it is 5 degrees, :shock: but no wind :lol: :lol: . Taking the C-back, Y-gun, and the SX3. Report later. Yea I know I have no brains at all!!!! :lol: :lol: or I am just super dedicated. :D :D

cdb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:29 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

cdb1097 wrote:
I am heading out to shoot skeet with troe, it is 5 degrees, :shock: but no wind :lol: :lol: . Taking the C-back, Y-gun, and the SX3. Report later. Yea I know I have no brains at all!!!! :lol: :lol: or I am just super dedicated. :D :D

cdb

Well....

If you're going to be that dedicated you are going to buy several new Huglus....yeah....the ones with the lop shortened by an inch to make up for all those extra layers! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 125  Next