ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sporting Clays around Macon, GA
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:30 pm 
Tournament Grade

Howdy Georgia Sporting Clays Shooters,

There is the possibility that I may be taking a trip to the Macon, Georgia area and I am interested in shooting some sporting clays. I live in the Charleston, SC, area and am familiar with a few local South Carolina sporting clays courses. Our premier course in the state is Back Woods Quail Club, which is located outside of Georgetown, SC, and I frequent the club once or twice per week and, at times, serve as a trapper for sporting clays events.

The owner of Back Woods Quail Club is Rick Hemingway and he is: a Master Class shooter, sporting clays course designer, a leader in sales of Promatic machines, and a true Southern gentleman. I understand that Rick Hemingway is now (effective 2/1/2016 or earlier) managing The Meadows Gun Club in Forsyth, GA, and that he has great plans for improving the club's facilities. How's he and his crew doing? How does the club compare to Back Wood Quail Club?

I appreciate your comments!

Thanks!
Larry

P.S. I also posted this same message in the the Shooting Forum pertaining to Sporting Clays. I trust that you will overlook my double posting of the same message. Thanks! Larry

Post subject: Re: Sporting Clays around Macon, GA
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:49 pm 
Crown Grade

I shot there before he took over from Wendy and it was a great place then...........all I hear is that he has taken it to an even higher level, so I would not hesitate to visit it.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin