ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Southern skeet range, please
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:05 am 
Limited Edition

I need to find a skeet range in Southern Florida...as far south as possible. Thanks for the help.

Post subject: Re: Southern skeet range, please
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:09 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

http://www.claytargetsonline.com/list.php/FL

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 4:43 pm 
Limited Edition

Thanks, however that site really doesn't help. I looked there before posting and noticed that 3 ranges I frequent aren't listed. Does anyone know if the Trail Glades Range is the farthest south range in Florida? It needs to be 75 degrees or higher year round.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 4:47 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I don't know the answer to your question, but I do know there are a LOT of ranges not listed on that site... mostly ones that are only open to members. I belong to two here in town that aren't on that list, and won't be anytime soon, as non-members can't shoot at them.

Post subject: Southern skeet range, please
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:08 pm 
Tournament Grade

I shoot at POI gun club in Port of the Islands fl on rt 41 between Naples and Miami. closer to Naples. Further south and the pullers a gator.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:12 pm 
Tournament Grade

That 75 degrees or higher requested in 2009 is not going to happen. Even in SWFL we get some temps. that are cooler than that. A couple years back I had to wear a coat on a day or two. :shock:

Usually a shirt or light jacket in the early AM is enough where I shoot. Not always however.

The Hendry County Sheriffs range is an over looked range. We are between LaBelle and Clewiston on SR80. Skeet and trap only for the shotgunners. Rifle, pistol, etc. and most all of SWFL law enforcement use the site.

The shotgun site is open Wed. and Sat. from 8 AM until 12-1PM. Also skeet on Thurs. evening from 5PM until finish (we have lights). Due to the increase in targets the 2013 fee is $5.00 a round. Several fund raisers each year with wobble trap, rabbit, etc. in the mix with lots of trophies and good food. :)

Lots of "snowbirds" as there are some nice RV parks and Motorcoach parks nearby. Everything from Kolar's, K80's, P guns to Turkish "stuff" is used. No one cares how much you made or even how you shoot. Just come and BS and have a good time. National Hall of Fame guys shoot here and will help anyone that wants help. If you do not want help, that is fine also. :roll:

We have Quail, ducks, hogs, gators, turkeys, and even a snake or two if you get tired of clays. Please leave the attitude at home, bring lots of ammo! :wink:

Send me a PM for additional info if needed.

CL