ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Markham Park
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:47 pm 
Utility Grade

I just bought a Remington 870 Wingmaster and was wondering if anyone on here shoots at Markham Park or is a member of the gun club there. I haven't shot a shotgun since I was a kid and wanted to get started in trap or skeet. I will probable take for a few leasons but would like to shoot a few times first, any help would be apperciated.

Thanks,
Brian

Post subject: Re: Markham Park
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:28 pm 
Presentation Grade

My crew usually shoots around 8am Saturdays...skeet is generally fields 4 and 5. PM me and I'll let you know if we'll be there.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:02 pm 
Utility Grade

I try to go whenever I have time to Markham and just recently got a Shotgun myself. I've
shot trap a couple times but discovered skeet and have been hooked ever since. I have more free time
now so I go as often as I can. The people there are very friendly and usually willing to help new people to the sport. I'm looking to possibly take lessons as well, shoot me a
PM if you find a decent instructor.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:42 pm 
Utility Grade

Brian,
I've only shot clays once in my life a month ago from a machine on sime property. I liked it enough to buy my first shotgun though. I would like to take lessons as well but I don't know what I like better in regards to skeet or trap since I haven't tried either. I'm thinking of joining the club at markham to meet new people and learn about the sport.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:38 am 
Utility Grade

Great discussion about this shoot place. I am a tourist and it is my favorite hobby. I like to park due to the natural beauty. The parks offer a lot of activities for enjoyment and make your tour memorable. I never ever visited this park in my whole life but after this view I will go there someday.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:42 pm 
Utility Grade

Went there yesterday for the first time, I went to just check it out and see what they offered. For a county establishment, it was very well run. I ended up shooting a few rounds of trap and the other shooters were very friendly and helpful as was the range guy. I couldn't see the clays course but it appears to be very wooded and the guys I shot with said it was very good. The prices are cheaper than what I'm used to as well.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:51 am 
Field Grade

I know this is an older post but I do have some info to give you all.

There's one BIG PITA thing about the trap / skeet fields, if you buy 10 flights to get a discount you HAVE to use them all in a certain time period or the unused flights EXPIRE and you lose your money.

OK, I could "maybe" understand if the flight prices increased and you had o pay the difference from what you paid but completely losing the money you paid? So you wind up donating the balance of the flight sheet to the county if you want a small discount on 10 flights.

Gary (in South Florida)