ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Places to shoot around Jacksonville
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:42 pm 
Field Grade

Mornin' fellas,

Looking for some good clubs/ranges to shoot at around Jacksonville. I mainly shoot trap with an occasional round of 5 stand and sporting clays. The backstory is I'm retiring from the Navy after 28 years and it looks like I'll be moving to Jacksonville for the new job. I've never been to the area so any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Dutch

Post subject: Re: Places to shoot around Jacksonville
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:01 pm 
Tournament Grade

Dutch,
There are several places to shoot in the Jacksonville area. One of the best kept secrets is that there is a Skeet and Trap range onboard NAS Jacksonville. Feel free to give me a call at 904-874-5677 for all the info you need. I can also fill in the details about several other ranges in the area.
John (30 years Navy)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:06 pm 
Utility Grade

JohnH wrote:
Dutch,
There are several places to shoot in the Jacksonville area. One of the best kept secrets is that there is a Skeet and Trap range onboard NAS Jacksonville. Feel free to give me a call at 904-874-5677 for all the info you need. I can also fill in the details about several other ranges in the area.
John (30 years Navy)

Shhh....it's suppose to be a secret :D
I just started shooting there. Also been a member of Gateway for several years. I do my handgun shooting there but they do have a small trap range with manual launchers.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:24 pm 
Crown Grade

Once you get bored with trap and skeet, you should try shooting sporting clays at Amelia in Yulee or WW on the west side of Jax

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:02 pm 
Utility Grade

New shooter in the Murray Hill area. Hit me up if you need someone to shoot with. Been once to WW and to Jax Skeet and Trap.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:41 am 
Utility Grade

Here I want to share famous two name of Places to shoot around Jacksonville:
1- Gateway Rifle & Pistol Club
2- On Target Sports, LLC
These are the nearest Shoot places in Jacksonville.