ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Quail Hunt @ Hard Labor Creek Plantation
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:06 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Four of us returned yesterday from a three day Quail Hunt at Hard Labor Creek Plantation in Chipley, Fl. Three beautiful days and just over 400 quail harvested, cleaned and vacuum frozen for our coolers.
Our guide Jerry worked some of the finest dogs I have ever seen in my 70+ years. Let me change that. The best dogs.
Ted Everett, our host, pulled out all the stops for what we consider the best quail hunt to date for the four of us. He provided a luncheon buffet in town restaurants as part of our package, and all the cold soft drinks we needed to keep hydrated.
We all shot twenty bore doubles with high brass loads choked improved cylinder in both barrels.
Just the best time for this old man and four younger friends. We did bring one of our own UTVs to carry all of us and our extra gear.
Once again, just the best hunt ever.

Happy Holidays to all.