ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Orlando Clays
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:55 pm 
Limited Edition

I have two business trips coming up in Orlando, and expect to have some down time. I would like to shoot, if possible. I won't have a car, so the club should be within a cab/Uber ride of the convention center & hotels. And public.

Does such a place exist? I looked at Clay Targets Online and didn't see much in the vicinity but realize that might not be the most current information.

Post subject: Re: Orlando Clays
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:44 pm 
Crown Grade

http://www.claytargetsonline.com/florida/

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:45 pm 
Crown Grade

The closest will be Lakeland for registered shoots ( it is a private rifle/pistol/clay cub that holds registered shoots open to the club)

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:49 am 
Limited Edition

How is Tenoroc?
It's about an hour from my hotel. Doesn't have to be registered. Just practicing in between meetings
Can't tell from the website if they rent guns. Given the nature of my business visit I don't think I can discretely travel with my own.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:22 am 
Crown Grade

Tenoroc is a county-owned facility that stopped throwing registered a few years ago. Scenery-wise it is very nice; most stations are in the shade of big live oaks. They also changed managers about a year or so ago, so it would be wise to call and see what they are still doing.

Tampa Bay Sporting Clays is a little further, but besides three levels of targets, they also have a regulation bunker trap, and a FITASC parcour.

Tampa does have rental guns available.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:52 pm 
Limited Edition

Tenoroc is still doing SC. Public, no reservation required and they rent. Problem solved it seems.

Last edited by Bobonli on Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:48 pm 
Crown Grade

Good to know!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:28 pm 
Limited Edition

I shot at Tenoroc this afternoon. State facility. Nicely maintained. 15 stations of SS with modern traps and controls. Variety of presentations. Walkable with a buggy. About 35 mins from World Center area of Orlando. Staff are pleasant. Limited ammo options: one brand either 7/8 oz or 1 1/8 oz. rental guns. Mine was kinda crappy. $72 for 100 clays ammo and gun.

Lesson learned. If you're even thinking of shooting while on a business trip or vacation, bring your own shotgun. The fit on the rental gun was pretty poor compared to my own gun and it really beat the crap out of my shoulder.