ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gun club options in SC
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:41 pm 
Field Grade

I am thinking about getting into a club around my park of town, and i see there is spartanburg gun club, rocky creek, and clinton house. i have been to and shot rocky creek and spartanburg and they are both nice places. out of the two rocky creek is the best. has anyone been to or any members from clinton house that could tell me more about the spot. i am trying to make a trip down there net week to check it out. Just wondering how does it compare to the others. riverbend is probably the closest, but most exspensive of them all ive seen. hope yall can help.

Post subject: Re: Gun club options in SC
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:45 am 
Limited Edition

Go try Clinton House. You will be impressed.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:07 pm 
Field Grade

do you know what their rates are? and when your a member there do you get discount hunts also?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:48 pm 
Limited Edition

Their member rates are $100/yr. I think.
Sporting clays are $25/100 targets. Non members a little more. They have two options on the same course (three traps/station and you shoot two). They also have an 8 station sub gauge course and a 5 stand. Also a pistol range.
They have NSCA circuit shoots a couple of times a year.
Go to their website for hunting rates. They have deer, quail, and I think a dove field sometime. Also duck hunting. Also cabins and two lodges for meetings and receptions.
We have a group that shoots there regularly. Contact Case McNeil or Mike Johnson.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:47 pm 
Field Grade

well thanks for all the help i think a few of my buddies and i are going down this friday to shoot the course. We all just finished up exams and are on christmas break so we are shooting alot while we arent going to be in the books.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:06 pm 
Field Grade

wow, just let me say thanks again. it was very nice great service, awesome course, and good people. I really enjoyed the shoot and they have great rates and i believe all of our group that went today is going to join at the beginning of the year. it was well kept, they had great club house and lodges, from all the info we got it sounds like they have great bird hunts and duck hunts. thanks again for the advice. if anyone here is a member or wants to go shoot this again we got 4 guys ready to go back. We are all also looking for a local place to start duck hunting. any local ponds or lakes that allow hunting? we are willing to lease, manage and maintane the place if needed.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:14 am 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

All the clubs mentioned are great, and each has its own strenghts[ and weakness']. I'm partial to Rocky Creek, but then I live closest to it also......Hermitage Farms in Camden, SC is another great club.

Will Fennell
www.fennellshootingschool.com

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:45 pm 
Field Grade

Any near Charleston?

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:28 am 
Field Grade

Spartanburg has converted from public to private. They won't let you shoot unless you are with a member. They need to revise the website. I made a 1 hour drive only to be turned away.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:37 am 
Tournament Grade

Location: Lincoln, Nebraska My hometown, but I'll move later...
Sabal,
Partridge Creek Gun Club is located in Ridgeville. My two buddies and I went there the other day. We shot the one sporting clays course. It was ten stations. Nice course but I am fairly new to shooting clays. They have a few skeet and trap ranges. Look them up on the web. Easy to get to. Right off of 26 on 78. Take exit 187. If you need any other info pm me. Tony

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:21 pm 
Field Grade

Thanks Tony,
I have called Partridge Creek, but haven't been there. Sounds like the standard fees are reasonable but to join there is a $500 initiation fee and then $100 year in dues. It's a little far from the house so I probably wouldn't get there enough to justify joining...I'll probably check it out anyway.