ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: King Nitro 12 ga SxS
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:41 am 
Utility Grade

IS anyone familiar with "King Nitro" shotguns? That's the only markings, besides numbers, that are on the gun. No proof marks, nutin' else.

It has sidelocks with exposed hammers and engraved, but not eloquently.

The barrels don't appear to be damascus, but I'm still not going to shoot high-power rounds in it, if any. I bought it only because it looked fairly nice and it's old.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: King Nitro 12 ga SxS
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:06 pm 
Utility Grade

It was made for Shapleigh Hardware (a large hardware distributor in the 30's) by Savage according to the Blue Book, which says it's a model 15 (about which I have found nothing).

I bought a 12 ga version recently also, and according to your description, mine is a twin of yours. It has hammer locks, and is not elegant by any means but nonetheless engraved. Their is no tell-tale signs that it has damascus barrels, and I wouldn't be hesitant to shoot low-brass shells in it, although I haven't.