ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Looking for a great guide/lodge for quail
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:30 am 
Tournament Grade

For my friends 40th birthday I am planning on taking him on a quail hunt. I was originally planning on a pheasant hunt but I cannot afford the plane tickets on top of the hunt.

I am going to post this also in the GA forum, I am not sure where I want to go, I just want the best hunt.

Thanks for your help!

Also, when is the best time of year?

Post subject: Re: Looking for a great guide/lodge for quail
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:38 am 
Tournament Grade

Look up River Bend in Spartanburg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:23 pm 
Tournament Grade

I just noticed the original posting a few minutes ago. Please excuse the delay in responding to you. I recommend that you seriously consider Back Woods Quail Club, just outside of Georgetown, SC, for a quail hunt. In addition to quail, Back Woods offers deer hunting, turkey hunts, and pheasant tower shoots. Back Woods also offers skeet, trap, five stand, a flurry shoot, and two fantastic sporting clays courses. The fully automated sporting clays courses throw: standard clay pigeons, mini clay pigeons, rabbits, battues, and chondelles. Dave Lemen is very imaginative in setting the sporting clays courses; he offers lift shots, targets skipping off of the water, a machine atop a crane, clay targets bouncing off of a trampoline, etc.

I recommend that you look at Back Woods' website [ http://www.backwoodsquailclub.com/ ] and then telephone Rick Hemingway (owner) or Ms. Becky and discuss your trip to Back Woods Quail Club, which is about one hour and 15 minutes northeast of Charleston, SC, or one hour and 15 minutes southwest of Myrtle Beach, SC. Enjoy the fantastic Southern hospitality at the club and the great facilities that it offers. The club will be hosting the 2010 South Carolina State Sporting Clays championship on the second (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) weekend in October--it also hosted the 2009 state sporting clays tournament. Back Woods will also host the Fall Side by Side Classic over the fourth weekend (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) in October.

Larry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:42 pm 
Utility Grade

Looks like an old thread but I would like to add my $.02.

I have heard that Moree's, or something like that, is also pretty good with reasonable prices. Various accomodations are there. I heard about it from a buddy in SUmter. Seems himself and a few other guys have an annual pigrimage to shoot, lie and tell stories. That should be read as to "not tell the truth" in place of "lie". Trying to remain socially correct here.

Anyway, he says the service is great and prices good. I believe it is near Society Hill. I plan to check it out this fall.