ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: First post!
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:04 am 
Tournament Grade

First post for the new format! Would love to see more shooterd from done under posting here. From South Canterbury, New Zealand. Into all shotgun sports and bird shooting. Had a sh*t opening morning yesterday, no cloud and spooky ducks. Keen to get a 20g for upland birds/. Been raising and releasing pheasants. Get posting guys!!!!
Best regards to all,
C

Post subject: Re: First post!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:58 am 
Utility Grade

Just found your posting, sorry about your opening morning mine was better than average. Took my upland bird dog (A 7 Y/O Brittany b***h) wildfowling for the first time and she went great, in fact made a couple of Labs look very plain.
I have shot 20g all my hunting life (50 years or so) have no idea why anyone would want to drag 8 pounds of 12g anywhere let alone upland bird hunting. For the past 5 years I have used a Beretta Silver Pigeon "S" O/U, my first O/U, always used S/S till then. Once I had it fitted it was and is great to shoot on game and clays.
Upland game has been very average for me this year but then that happens. What have you got to shoot down there ?? I am in the Manawatu, Pheasant, Quail and the occasional Red leg if you are lucky.
Look forward to hearing from you.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:40 am 
Tournament Grade

Quail , and a few pheasants down here. (South Canterbury). Going to the coast in a few weeks to do a day on partridge and pheasant.
Still looking for a 20g U/O. Checked out a few new Turkish ones but holding out for a 2nd hand berretta or similar.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:51 am 
Utility Grade

Good to hear from you and now I think about it I did know about Quail down south. Years ago I hunted them in Otago I think.
I will keep my eyes and ears open for a 20g Beretta up this way and let you know :shock: , they do come up from time to time but are not cheap. The last one I saw second hand was a Silver Pigeon "S" fixed choke which sold around the $3000 or so in the local H&F store.
Good luck on your weekend away, will be in touch.

Regards

David