ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hope you did'nt waste $9. at Agusta gun show.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:54 pm 
Presentation Grade

Advertised as two day show, but was cut to one day. To make it the worst show I ever went to in 45 years DiPetri enterprise put the show in two small rooms on two different floors. Oh but they kept the fee at $9. to get in. Lots of people walked away shaking there heads.

Post subject: Re: Hope you did'nt waste $9. at Agusta gun show.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:57 pm 
Crown Grade

I didn't go to that show but I feel your aggravation. I used to attend the Wanemacher shows in Tulsa, but it got so full of flea-market junk and combat gear that it only took 2 hours to cover and they charged $10............and that was several years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:14 pm 
Crown Grade

Yeah, but; yeah but - did they have a gun show smoked sausage booth ? . ;)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:09 am 
Crown Grade

Ones in central Florida not only charge you $9 to get in, but they also charge you about the same just to park. Add in gas and I'm out almost $30 before walking in the door; not worth it.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:27 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Vette Jockey wrote:
I didn't go to that show but I feel your aggravation. I used to attend the Wanemacher shows in Tulsa, but it got so full of flea-market junk and combat gear that it only took 2 hours to cover and they charged $10............and that was several years ago.

Seriously?

The two times I went to the Tulsa Gun Show (within the past three years), I walked ALL DAY and barely made it down every aisle. I saw very little that wasn't guns or directly gun related. Virtually no flea-market stuff. Are you sure you're talking about the Wanenmacher show? Because the two Wanenmacher shows I attended were NOTHING like what you describe. I couldn't make it a third of the way through the bottom floor in two hours.

http://www.tulsaarmsshow.com/

From their website . . .
Quote:
Best - When you come to a Wanenmacher's Gun Show, you see a gun show full of guns, knives, ammo and some military artifacts. You WON'T see lots of non-gun related stuff or flea market garbage. Not that they don't want to come, We won't let them. Our show could be 5 times bigger than it is if we let in all the exhibitors who really don't belong in a gun show. (candy dealers, spa salesmen, car dealers, etc...) We limit non-related items to just 2% of the entire show. The building is still packed - both levels - with top quality gun show merchandise . . .

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:22 am 
Crown Grade

Bladee, did you miss where I said it was SEVERAL years ago. Perhaps, it has reverted back to what it used to be.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:43 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Vette Jockey wrote:
Bladee, did you miss where I said it was SEVERAL years ago. Perhaps, it has reverted back to what it used to be.

No, I saw the "and that was several years ago" comment. I took the "and" to imply something along the lines of it's probably worse now . . . . After all, you used the Wanenmacher show as an example in a discussion about how bad gun shows have become.

Had you said, "but that was several years ago" I might have assumed you meant to imply that things may have changed. Sorry, sometimes it's hard to discern people's intent from the written word.

FWIW, I agree with the basic premise that gun shows are generally a monumental waste of time. The Wanenmacher show is an exception, however. No, you probably won't find great deals, but you WILL find guns.