ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Waterfowl hunting in Maine
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:36 pm 
Field Grade

I recently discovered the world of waterfowl hunting and am in search of places to go. Right now I am sea ducking it, but want to go for the mallards next year. Where are good places to go in Androscoggin county or Durham/new gloucester area? I have been looking at the Androscoggin river in Durham, but havn't noticed much bird activity. Does Sabattus Lake offer ducks?

I plan on retiring from deer hunting next year and spending the majority of my time duck hunting. Thanks, Mick

Post subject: Re: Waterfowl hunting in Maine
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:14 pm 
Field Grade

Hey MIck , hunted on the salt in Brunswick and saw and shot birds. Scouting can be hard at times but keep binocs in any vehicle you drive all year. The north end of Sabattus would be my guess. Is there any inlets into the Andro . river . Asthe small ponds freeze they will pile up in the moving water. good luck Pent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:06 pm 
Utility Grade

Hey guys; I'm in Stonington, Deer Isle. I'm a sternman on a lobster boat and I'm out there all the time. No big serge of sea ducks yet in case your interested. It was 80 on the water today. I'm more interested in geese. Going to the gun show sunday and I want a bps 10 ga.. If theres nothing I like, I'll get a new one inline. Good to see some Mainers here.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:23 am 
Field Grade

Going with the ten, ouch! Killed a few geese on the opener but nothing since . Can't wait to hit the salt starting in October. Good luck.