ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: evansville shotgun sports
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:23 am 
Tournament Grade

Are there any good shooting clubs in the Evansville area that has skeet and SC fields near by?

Post subject: Re: evansville shotgun sports
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:08 am 
Crown Grade

What state?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:12 pm 
Tournament Grade

This is the Indiana forum section so Evansville " :idea: "

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:24 pm 
Crown Grade

You got me there! :)
See http://www.indianasportingclays.org/ for a listing. It has been a long time since I shot at Evansville, but at the time, they had a L shaped course.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:46 pm 
Tournament Grade

That seems like a nice place after doing some research. me and the wife are playing with the idea of moving there. If i have place to shoot and some awesome mountain biking trails near by I'll be happy moving there. She actually lived there from the time she was born untill 8 then moved to Pheonix. We live in North Georgia now. We are just getting into SC and Skeet shooting but I've been doing IPSC/USPSA pistol shooting since I was old enough to buy a pistol. I'm changing over to shotguns and want shooting with my wife. I'm really interested in skeet& SC comps. and also getting into wingshooting with my own dog in the near future.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:09 pm 
Crown Grade

There are places to shoot in that area including KY, IL, and across southern IN. Awesome mountain biking trails, not so much in the immediate area.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:30 am 
Tournament Grade

yeah I did a search for trails there not alot up to par for my skill level. I do regular Endurance races throughout the year 6/12hr. type of mountain bike races. there are trail just may have to get use to driving alittle more than I'm use to just to put in some training miles.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:00 pm 
Tournament Grade

yeah there's like crap to ride near Evansville. There's great riding like an hour and half away but that sucks there's nothing to do any aftermoon training on. Doesn't look like there's much of a mtn bike community in the area at all really. God knows I'm not going to take up road riding.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:05 am 
Field Grade

I'm from Evansville,Born & Raised.Still live here.I can hardly believe the whining about a lack of "Mountain biking trails".Jesus,do You have access to a map.Where's the nearest Mountain??
This is Flat river bottom farmland.If You want Hot,Humid summers with No air movement,We got that! For Mountains,West Virginia? Coloraqdo???