ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sporting clays in Austin/San Antonio area
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:04 pm 
Limited Edition

I've used claytargetsonline, will make some calls. But wondering if anyone has a friendly club they recommend. Visiting the area for 6 days at spring break so limited time, will try to shoot 1 or 2 courses/clubs. Gun rentals a plus since it may save me the hassle of flying with mine. Thank you for any help and your time. Gary

P.S. a decent 5 stand is acceptable in place of sporting as well.

Post subject: Re: Sporting clays in Austin/San Antonio area
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:40 pm 
Crown Grade

Well NSCA HQ is in S.A>

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:42 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Considering the current weather state in TX, don't count on much.

http://www.sminglershotgunsports.com

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:08 pm 
Field Grade

Capital City Clays in Austin has two five stand, four skeet, and three sporting clay fields (two 6 station, one 12 station). Since they are on Leased City of Austin land, they have to follow Covid restrictions. They are normally open to the public, but are currently only open to members during Covid. I am a member and can bring non-members, so PM me and perhaps we can meet out there to shoot.

The weather will be improving beginning this Sat 2/20 to 65, and will be mid-70’s around Wednesday. Much improvement for the 150 hours below freezing this past week

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:23 pm 
Field Grade

Capital City Clays doesn’t rent guns, but we can both shoot my Zoli O/U

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:43 pm 
Field Grade

If you are bringing a family, you might be interested in Kalahari Resorts in Round Rock, which is 20 miles north of Austin. It is a 1000 room resort with the largest indoor water theme park in the US. It just opened in November, and has 6 restaurants, stores for shopping, a gigantic arcade with a zip line, and other amenities. It is very nice and would keep the kids entertained.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:28 am 
Limited Edition

PM en route clayshooter55, very generous offer.

oneounce, I thought I read on the natl shooting complex website that if there are not events going on there is no shooting there? Need to make a call there as well.

As for the awful weather and conditions for those suffering there, Godspeed, I hope things improve soon. We will not be visiting until last week of March/first of April.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:07 am 
Field Grade

Temperature in Central Texas in March can range from highs of 65 to 85, but typically will be low to high 70s, so it should be nice at the end of the month.