ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Any member with a Turkish Shotgun, or from/ in Turkey?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:50 am 
Field Grade

I have a cheap, generic Turkish-made semi-auto shotgun, 12gauge, which is broken now. I suspect it just was not designed to take higher power projectiles [I shot my slugs and 00 Buckshot out of it] and a plastic part inside just completely disintegrated...
I don't know what that part looks like, and I have been wondering where I could possibly get a replacement. For now - sadly: my shotgun is a bloody single shot. I am attaching some pictures: one showing all the parts of the firearm as it is now. and the pile of plastic from whatever disintegrated...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Any member with a Turkish Shotgun, or from/ in Turkey?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:12 am 
Field Grade

This is the pile of crap that came out of the Shotgun - I suspect it is a Gas Piston thingy that just shattered... Cheap Turkish-made pile of crap...

I earlier had another Turkish-made shotgun too: the very first time I had a fowl in my sights: the firing pin broke!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:16 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Y-man wrote:
I have a cheap, generic Turkish-made semi-auto shotgun, 12gauge, which is broken now.

Time for a new shotgun! Preferably a gun with a name, dealers, and an owner's manual.

As to parts availability with a no-name shotgun, in Nigeria, that's not much to go on.

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:31 am 
Crown Grade

Agree with Randy going forward. The only possible solution in the short term is to find another like the one you have and at least get a picture of what the part is that failed. Then at least you could try among other "like" guns to find a replacement.

However, even if you could get another part like the one that failed, it is probably going to fail again. Good luck.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:43 am 
Limited Edition

Just out of curiosity, how did you find parts to modify the gun without a manufacturers name?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:42 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Y-man wrote:
This is the pile of crap that came out of the Shotgun - I suspect it is a Gas Piston thingy that just shattered... Cheap Turkish-made pile of crap...

I earlier had another Turkish-made shotgun too: the very first time I had a fowl in my sights: the firing pin broke!

Wow.
I've never seen plastic disintegrate like that.
If you didn't tell me what it was I would think it was a broken clay pigeon
or something fragile.
I wish we had a before picture.
How easy or hard is it to get a shotgun in Nigeria?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:51 pm 
Field Grade

Many thanks for the responses - they kinda align with what I had already realised.
I guess these cheap, crappy Turkish shotguns - which are plentiful here - mainly on the "black market" smuggled in across the borders, and sea ports: check this out: https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/201 ... rspective/
These are then "laundered" and sold by legitimate firearms dealers and cops.
They are not really suited for serious shooters here. I guess they serve for birdshot - a loud noise for those who do not know firearms, and are scared even by the mention of guns here.

I have been casting my own slugs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCeX5vvQO9g&t=34s
And also casting 00Buckshot, which I was shooting out of this: so I guess the Gas seal thingy just could not take these heavy loads, and disintegrated.

About the mods on the shotgun, I tend to be a bit of a DIY-oriented fellow, and always make the best use of whatever I have at hand...
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/201 ... -hoard-it/
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/author/y-man/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:30 pm 
Presentation Grade

He bought it from a Nigerian Prince who said it was a Bynelli.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:43 pm 
Crown Grade

I have 4 Huglu's I brought home from my deployment to Turkey in 2002.

3 Semi-autos and 1 Stackbarrel, all are working just fine.

I don't appear to have YOUR model though.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:51 pm 
Crown Grade

Is this your post from 2 years ago?

https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewto ... &view=next

"My first shotgun was a Turkish Magnum EFE http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009 ... n-shotgun/. After a few months of shooting, the firing pin broke. Yes, I confess, I had shot a lot of experimental, improvised, heavier-than-safe loads – but it seems the firing pin material was more or less a brittle substandard casting.

I just got another Turkish Shotgun – This time, it is labelled: “EFE AV Falcon ‘Automatic’ ‘Magnum’” [Phew! Quite a mouthful – but all these names are all inscribed on the firearm!]"

So, what was the smashed-up part BEFORE it was smashed up?
What did it look like, where was it, what did it do?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:08 am 
Diamond Grade

OldStufferA5#1911 wrote:
<SNIP> Yes, I confess, I had shot a lot of experimental, improvised, heavier-than-safe loads –

This is what I was curious about... What are those slug and buckshot loads the OP was using? Load data?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:58 pm 
Field Grade

OldStufferA5#1911/ desmobob:
Yes, I confess that with my very first shotgun - I did shoot a few not-normal loads.
Remember - I was simply pouring out birdshot, re-casting the lead into slugs and experimenting.
I did shoot loads as heavy as 44grams [1.55oz] slugs then.

I imagine it contributed to the already cheapo shotgun firing pin breaking.

Then with THIS shotgun, I had already standardised with slugs of 32grams [1.12oz] and 00 buckshot of 28grams [Less than 1oz]. But being a no-name piece of cr*p, it has broken on me too. I am using proper Lyman 525 and Lyman 00Buck Molds now. But just pouring out Birdshot, and substituting with these slugs or 00buck.

The good thing is that I am not completely "armless". I do have a solid, stolid, reliable Mossberg 500A, so at least I am happy. I was just hoping I could possibly get an idea about how this part that disintegrated looks, so that maybe we could construct one locally, possibly.

Or else, I guess I will simply dump the shotgun or just keep it as a single-shot at the back of my wardrobe.

Thats exactly what the problem is: I have no idea how this part that disintegrated looked. I had never disassembled the gun before this happened.

OldStufferA5#1911:
I am kind of hoping possibly someone with anything even remotely similar could completely disassemble his own shotgun, and take pictures - and then we could identify the part from there. I suspect those Huglus [Nice, solid guns, by the way...] especially the Semi-Autos - would have parts that could at least LOOK similar [Of course with much better quality.]

So thats the help I need: please disassemble completely, take a few pictures, and we can identify the "missing" part that way...

TwoHigh:
Yes, we get hit on even more by the "Nigerian Princes" here... A LOT more, honestly - One wanted to sell me a small stake in the Presidential Villa the other day - just for a few billions!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:01 pm 
Field Grade

OldStufferA5#1911:
About your question on what this part did: it was obviously part of the Gas system: some sort of seal that took the gas from firing and pushed back to re-cock the action for next shot. As it disintegrated: the last few shots I did: I did feel a spray of that black plastic powder on my hands and shirt-front each time I fired. Then it stopped re-cocking - stopped being a semi-auto...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:21 pm 
Field Grade

I think I may have some info. It seems it is called a Piston Buffer. And the part is similar to the Charles Daly Shotguns made by Akkar Turkey.

I was able to see something online.

Attachment:
Shotgun - Charles Daly Parts Piston Buffer highlighted..jpg

But please: OldStufferA5#1911: if you could be so kind to take a look at one of your Huglus and take some pictures, I would be very grateful.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:06 am 
Crown Grade

Well, I'll be damned.............

Of the 3 semi-auto's, ONE, the pure gas-auto, has such a "piston buffer".

3 guns, a Benneli M3 clone, pure inertial, Pump/Auto
A Franchi "gas-boosted" inertial auto, inertial bolt setup, but also a gas piston system, all return springs under the forearm.
The 3rd, the "Uzay Magnum" (only markings other than serial number), the "pretty gun" I bought myself (gold, silver inlays, mother-of-pearl inlays, fish-scale checkering), has a reasonably soft, plastic/rubber (possibly Urethane) "sleeve" that is 1.375" long and fits just over the magazine tube and is a "cushion"/spacer, between the gas piston in the barrel ring and the front edge of the, again Franchi style, driven member around the forearm that is linked to the bolt by operating arms/rods.

Since I told Photobucket to piss off a few years back instead of giving them $100 or so to allow me to post pictures there, I no longer post pictures most places on the internet.

That spacer is slightly soft, tubular, about 3/16" thick or so, ribbed.
Honestly, while a piece of urethane/polyurethane tube the right thickness and diameter would be IMO perfect, a metal piece that fits in place, possibly made slightly short in order to also fit a LOOSE O-Ring in on the front end of it (to act as a cushion, and be replaceable) would IMO again be a VERY CLOSE #2 option.
The O-Ring would be a maint. item, but that is nothing, exact size would be very general, close enough would be "close enough".

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:07 am 
Crown Grade

Y-man wrote:
I think I may have some info. It seems it is called a Piston Buffer. And the part is similar to the Charles Daly Shotguns made by Akkar Turkey.

I was able to see something online.

Attachment:
Shotgun - Charles Daly Parts Piston Buffer highlighted..jpg

But please: OldStufferA5#1911: if you could be so kind to take a look at one of your Huglus and take some pictures, I would be very grateful.

Yes, #49, that is what is in my UZAY MAGNUM.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:08 am 
Field Grade

OldStufferA5#1911 wrote:

Since I told Photobucket to piss off a few years back instead of giving them $100 or so to allow me to post pictures there, I no longer post pictures most places on the internet.

Hello OldStufferA5#1911: I think you can actually post the pictures as an attachment: I never used "Photobucket" for any of the pictures I posted here. You may just have to use something like Paint to resize the photos to less than 256kb in size is all...

At the bottom of the Reply module:

Attachment:
Posting Attaching stuff to posts..jpg