ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Anyone look at the new Remington Ammo web site?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:10 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Bob Hicks, from Mormon Mecca
I’m 78 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.”

Good luck Bob. Keep shooting and having fun. {hs#

Gun and Shell Sponsor / My Wife
Polaris Ranger
Krieghoff K80 Plantation Grade
Muller Chokes
Brain Chokes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:31 am 
Crown Grade

lossking wrote:
dubob wrote:
hunterdcb wrote:
Pine Creek/Dave wrote:
Gentlemen,

You are seeing 1st hand what happens when you let an election be stolen by fraud voting. It will get much worse if the states do not put a stop to it. Prices on just about everything are sky-rocketing already.

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

BS The shortage was here well prior to the election.
And you've been drinking the dimwit Kool-Aid for a very long time. Last October, just prior to the fraudulent election of the dimwits, all the local Wally World ammo shelves were FULL of any kind of ammo you wanted. My local Sportsmans Warehouse also had an excellent selection of ammo right up until November last year. By January 2021, the ammo selection was slim or none at all normal sporting goods venues hereabouts.

That was/is the case down here too, Bob. It wasn't until Feeble Joe took office that ammunition all but disappeared.

There is no doubt that the election exacerbated the ammo shortage, just as it did when Obama was elected. I think this is particularly true at large retail stores where the average non-shooter buys a flat of any shells he can find "just in case". It was interesting to see how long it took some retailers to clear the inventory. But the shortages did start long before the election. I've had 50 cases on order since the first of September and I haven't received any. The reasons are so complex and interwoven with Covid, shipping, and the Remington bankruptcy that to come up with a simple answer is not possible. The manufacturers are trying to catch up, but its going to take a while.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:18 am 
Limited Edition

hunterdcb wrote:
Pine Creek/Dave wrote:
Gentlemen,

You are seeing 1st hand what happens when you let an election be stolen by fraud voting. It will get much worse if the states do not put a stop to it. Prices on just about everything are sky-rocketing already.

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

Yep, and there was no "steal" or "fraud voting". Well, there were a few instances of voter fraud, but by Republicans.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:40 am 
Presentation Grade

Gun Clubs on the shelf at a local retailer last night for $7.99/box. I'm pretty sure Gun Clubs were $6.48/box at this store before the shortages started.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:38 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Paddler wrote:
hunterdcb wrote:
Pine Creek/Dave wrote:
Gentlemen,

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

Yep, and there was no "steal" or "fraud voting". Well, there were a few instances of voter fraud, but by Republicans.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:24 am 
Field Grade

Meanwhile at the reloading bench...:)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:03 am 
Crown Grade

noweil wrote:
Gun Clubs on the shelf at a local retailer last night for $7.99/box. I'm pretty sure Gun Clubs were $6.48/box at this store before the shortages started.

And Vista announced a 15% increase not too long ago, so that would fit in the grand scheme of things; but not the $10.99/box price.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:49 am 
Field Grade

Paddler wrote:
hunterdcb wrote:
Pine Creek/Dave wrote:
Gentlemen,

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

You got that right.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:48 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Eibar wrote:
Paddler wrote:
hunterdcb wrote:
Pine Creek/Dave wrote:
Gentlemen,

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

You got that right.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:45 pm 
Presentation Grade

I am seeing Remington Rifle ammo on the shelves.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:45 pm 
Field Grade

The ammo companies make little money on target loads, so they aren't going to produce them in mass quantities. What is everyone buying now? 223, 556, 308, so on and so forth. So, guess whats going to be made en mass? Nevermind the fact the U.S. has no smelting plants anymore. So raw materials come from overseas. You can thank Obama for that. Lets be real. When was the last time you could by 35 remington anytime of the year? When was the last time you could buy 6mm Remington? ONLY during hunting season. Reason being, the ammo companies know that little joey who inherited his granpa's 35 probably still has the box of bullets that grandpa bought with the gun 40 years ago. So it's not only politics, the ammo companies are doing it to. Don't let them fool you. It's all about, wait for it, here it comes......MONEY. And yeah, its all those people buying thousands of dollars of 556 at crazy prices thats making the ammo companies cut back on everything else. They would be stupid not to in a profit sort of way. To be perfectly honest, you can keep your AR's, and your AK's, and Mosins, I have no use for them. But I would NEVER say you couldn't have one.....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:51 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

mywrangler94 wrote:
The ammo companies make little money on target loads

They make a lot of money on target loads, for far more target loads are used every month and every year than anything else. There is no difference between a target load and a dove load, after all.

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:53 am 
Limited Edition

So, I know this is a shotgun site, but I'm doing some housekeeping and have a bunch of new, unprimed rifle brass in traditional cartridges. PM if interested.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:02 pm 
Field Grade

We aren't allowed to dove hunt here. No season.....so I have no idea what a box of dove loads goes for. What i do know is that i can walk into most any shop here in the northeast and they all have tons of steel waterfowl shot for 26.00 a box. Compare that to the 9.50 box of target loads. What do you think is going to be pushed? What do you think is going to take precedence? The 26.00 box of shells or the 9.50 box of shells? Dove loads may very well be re-boxed, re-cased target loads. Do they cost the same? I have no idea. The one thing I do know is...if its labeled "hunting load" it costs more. And that is what is going to pushed.....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:46 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

mywrangler94 wrote:
What i do know is that i can walk into most any shop here in the northeast and they all have tons of steel waterfowl shot for 26.00 a box. Compare that to the 9.50 box of target loads. What do you think is going to be pushed?

The target loads.

https://www.winchesterguns.com/news/art ... range.html

Also, Team Federal / Team Fiocchi / Team Remington, etc. There no limit as to how many clays you can break, year 'round.

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:35 am 
Presentation Grade

mywrangler94 wrote:
We aren't allowed to dove hunt here. No season.....so I have no idea what a box of dove loads goes for. What i do know is that i can walk into most any shop here in the northeast and they all have tons of steel waterfowl shot for 26.00 a box. Compare that to the 9.50 box of target loads. What do you think is going to be pushed? What do you think is going to take precedence? The 26.00 box of shells or the 9.50 box of shells? Dove loads may very well be re-boxed, re-cased target loads. Do they cost the same? I have no idea. The one thing I do know is...if its labeled "hunting load" it costs more. And that is what is going to pushed.....

I can walk into any number of stores in a 3 state area and there will be $20+ boxes of steel waterfowl loads sitting on the shelf. The reason they are on the shelf is because people are not hoarding the expensive steel shot. The more expensive steel shot isn't selling.

In this same area lots of stores have been getting 100 packs of inexpensive dove/target loads. $23-25/100 pack. Those 100 packs sell out quickly and most places have a 2 or 3 box limit on those 100 packs. The same thing with the inexpensive $5.50-7.00 boxes of shotgun shells. Inexpensive game/target loads are selling out about as quick as they hit the shelves.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:08 am 
Crown Grade

Steel won't move this time of year as hunting seasons are closed. As to metallic, shotshells are loaded on a completely different line and as we are starting to really get into the tournament/shooting season, demand would dictate mass production of ammo.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin