ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Franchi Instinct-Cannot get forend off
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 6:46 pm 
Utility Grade

Help, i just bought an instinct and i assembled it, everything appears to fit fine, but it does not open far enough to load a shell into the bottom barrel and the for end will not eve budge when i try to disassemble it!! Any ideas?

Post subject: Re: Franchi Instinct-Cannot get forend off
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:32 pm 
Presentation Grade

There is a very specific way to attach the barrel to the receiver. I had the same gun (in 28 gauge), and I had to take the gun to my local gun shop and take a lesson on how to assemble the gun. I felt like a fool - - I have owned several O/Us, but the Franchi assembled differently. It sounds like you did not assemble the barrel correctly, and now you are in a bind. I suggest you do what I did and get some help from your local dealer.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:14 pm 
Utility Grade

Great advice, i ended up running back to the gun shop after i posted the question. I was pushing forward on the forend instead of down. Felt like an idiot when i watched the salesman get it off in 2 seconds, but i know i will never forget how to disassemble it ever again!!! Its now all ready to break some clays tomorrow after work.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 11:52 am 
Presentation Grade

Welcome to the idiot’s club. Our membership is growing. I’m glad to help.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:06 am 
Utility Grade

I have the instinct SL, shot about a 1000 shells through it, I still have this problems of not being able to unload the bottom barrel unless I apply pressure to keep the hinge open. Did you manage to figure out how to fix that ?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:34 pm 
Field Grade

Mgewaily wrote:
I have the instinct SL, shot about a 1000 shells through it, I still have this problems of not being able to unload the bottom barrel unless I apply pressure to keep the hinge open. Did you manage to figure out how to fix that ?

I have two Beretta 686's that do that, with the 20 gauge it's not an issue but with the 12 I have to tilt the gun a bit to sort of level out the barrels to get the bottom shell in. Shoot with a buddy who has a much more broken in 686 and his opens fully without any problem at all. The solution for our problem is simple, just shoot the guns for another 5 years or more.